Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    FEP Senior Member

I can finally add my name to the long list of those that lost their job. Yesterday was my last day of a 9-5 job, even though I've been furloughed for 5.5 months. I had applied for 5 different positions at my company, but couldn't find the right role for me to be in. So today I'm self-employed 100%. We've done a lot this year expecting it to go this way, so my wife and I are in good shape otherwise. I have a few weeks of work to wrap up the farm items before winter, and then I'll finish up the two big car projects in the garage. I'll go be a content creator & writer for a few months before seeing what else is out there. I've already have a couple requests to discuss other jobs opportunities working virtually from home.
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

Sorry to hear that. I had 4 months with no salary so being furloughed was truly a blessing for you. I am sure it does not feel like it to you though. I totally understand. I woke up every morning scared. Even though we were also in good shape. It's not my quote but I like it.....when the Tide goes out you can tell who was skinny dipping... It's about people living above their means. The tide went out and we were not skinny dipping.
    Obviously you were not either. We had cash reserves and no consumer debt. It's called living within your means. Clearly you do that as well. You will find something I know. It's obvious you are very smart. Good Luck on your search.
    Last edited by homer302; 10-18-2020 at 04:43 PM.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

They canned a few of my co-workers and just redistributed the responsibilities to lower-paid workers. My job is safe for now, but I think this is the route they will be going in the future. If business ever picks up and they end our hiring freeze, I'll be looking for a transfer. I'm tired of being away from home 7-8 months a year, anyway. It's not good for my family life or my mental and physical health. Next spring will make 10 years I've been doing this. I'm just about over it. The employees my company let go all received nice severance packages. It honestly wouldn't have hurt my feelings to have received one. I'd probably start my own small business.

Me and the wife are going to sit down and discuss a backup plan. I think it's just a matter of picking up some side jobs during my off time.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234