Close

Default Is this an original master cylinder? (84 GT)

Aluminum body. Minor leak around the lid (probably the gasket). Removed to repaint the booster (also appears original). Worth holding on to and throwing a kit in it?

Name:  IMG_9677.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  245.9 KB

Name:  IMG_9679.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  189.0 KB

Name:  IMG_9682.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  217.5 KB

I also messed around and broke the plastic bracket on the inside of the firewall that the booster studs pass through. Is this a critical piece?

Name:  IMG_9686.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  157.4 KB

Thanks!
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe

Master Cylinder looks like an OEM part, but no idea if that is original or a replacement.

The pedal box spacer is a critical piece and should be reused/replaced. Here is a better replacement option that reusing the plastic or trying to find a good one. https://www.maximummotorsports.com/P...ang-P1599.aspx
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Master Cylinder looks like an OEM part, but no idea if that is original or a replacement.

The pedal box spacer is a critical piece and should be reused/replaced. Here is a better replacement option that reusing the plastic or trying to find a good one. https://www.maximummotorsports.com/P...ang-P1599.aspx
    Appreciate it, Trey. I'll add that MM part to the list.
    86 LX Coupe

Hopefully you can find a rebuild kit. I would rather rebuild brake original parts...master cylinder, caliper, etc....than buying an aftermarket unit. When I recently rebuilt the front brake calipers on my 2000 F350, the kit was hard to find and they had to order it...
    HAD
    '82 GT monochromatic (red)...black cloth

HAVE
    '85 GT vert two tone (white on charcoal)...white leather
    '00 F350 two tone (white on silver)...gray cloth
    '00 Excursion Limited two tone (white on tan)...tan leather...wifes ride
    '08 Taurus Limited ice blue...tan leather...daughter ride
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

Quote Originally Posted by bwguardian View Post
    Hopefully you can find a rebuild kit. I would rather rebuild brake original parts...master cylinder, caliper, etc....than buying an aftermarket unit. When I recently rebuilt the front brake calipers on my 2000 F350, the kit was hard to find and they had to order it...
    Agreed. Where'd you end up finding kits? Rock Auto?

Quote Originally Posted by graphicdesigner80 View Post
    Agreed. Where'd you end up finding kits? Rock Auto?
    I typically like to buy online from Advanced Auto for the 15%-25% discounts. I was only able to get the kit at O'Reilley Auto Parts...it was only $7-$8 per side. Try locally first so you don't have to pay shipping...unless you are planning on ordering other items enabling you to get free shipping. I assume it was in their warehouse given it only took about 24 hours to get it.
    HAD

HAVE
    '08 Edge Limited white sand tri-coat metallic...tan leather...other daughters ride

I typically like to buy online from Advanced Auto for the 15%-25% discounts. I was only able to get the kit at O'Reilley Auto Parts...it was only $7-$8 per side. Try locally first so you don't have to pay shipping...unless you are planning on ordering other items enabling you to get free shipping. I assume it was in their warehouse given it only took about 24 hours to get it.
    Good call.

Yeah, usually make a list and order a few items at once to save on shipping and get discounts.

graphicdesigner80, sharp color combo on your vert...went to your album to see what color the interior is, but could only make out a passenger side door panel that appears red. So what color is the interior?
    HAD

HAVE

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post

How important is that spacer? I broke the one on my car as well and I’m not looking forward to the idea of unbolting that again.

graphicdesigner80, sharp color combo on your vert...went to your album to see what color the interior is, but could only make out a passenger side door panel that appears red. So what color is the interior?
    Thanks, bwguardian —

It’s originally red interior. Previous owner started spraying the dash/a-pillars black. Luckily he stopped there. Recently found a nice dash out of an ‘86 vert to replace as mine has a hacked up radio hole and lots of cracks everywhere. Been in the process of dying everything while it’s all out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    86 LX Coupe

The spacer between the pedal box and the firewall must be installed. It can be broken into pieces as shown in the above photo, but if any of the individual washer sections crack in half, bad things will happen.
    Jack Hidley
    Maximum Motorsports Tech Support