Close

Default Carb Heater Hose Routing

I'm taking this extra time at home to clean up some items on the car that have always annoyed me. I plan on getting a new radiator and converting back to black hoses to match the rest of the engine bay. For the heater hose I'm thinking of using the 86-95 EFI heater tubes instead of running straight hoses. Has anyone tried fitting these heater tubes to an Edelbrock Performer RPM Air Gap intake manifold? I have scoured the junkyards around here and I'm yet to find one.

Name:  IMG_0869.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  238.1 KB
    Name:  lrs-9424bb_6340.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  10.5 KB

I have installed the 86-95 metal heater hose setup on both a Weiand Stealth and an Edelbrock Performer without issues. Not sure on the RPM airgap if you will run into any issues or not.

I would recommend posting a WTB in the classified section for the metal tubes. I know I have at least one laying around and I would bet others might too. The other option would be to buy new from a vendor such as LMR. This one doesn't have the small coolant tubes for the EGR plate.
    https://lmr.com/item/LRS-9424BA/Must...be-86-93-50-58 Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Thanks Trey, good advice. I'll buy the non-EGR version if I can validate this set up will work. I'll post my findings in case someone else has the same question.

I've been curious about this as well, thought it would clean things up a bit. I'm running an air gap manifold also. I'd be interested to hear your results.
    Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack