Close

Default LTD LX muffler hanger

I've been scrounging up all the bits to put together an exhaust system on my LTD LX. I found new rubbers that fit the body mounts and have the matching tail pipe hanger but don't have the matching muffler hanger. The round type are everywhere, found a few flat ones, but haven't even seen another "U"-type like this one. Anyone know where to find this style of muffler hanger?

FEP Power Member

Without any year info, one can only guess 84 V8? Single or dual? Have you looked into AP 8221 and 8238? Walker has none. The rubber hanger you posted is not shown to be used on the 84. Are you sure it’s a muffler hanger and not a tail pipe bracket welded to the pipe?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Sorry, should have been more specific; it is an '84 LTD LX V8 single exhaust. The hanger pictured above is the tailpipe hanger off the car. Your post got me thinking that maybe the muffler hanger didn't use the same rubber. I jacked up the car and crawled under there to get a better look.

Not only is it the same rubber but the hanger stuck into it is the factory hanger. I assumed it was the later model round-style because the body of it is round. Nope, stuck my finger in there and can feel the channel on the tip.

Sorry for sending you on a wild goose chase. I do appreciate your reply. Otherwise I wouldn't have looked again at what was there and would have continued the futile search for a part that doesn't seem to exist anywhere else.

FEP Power Member

Same parts are used on the single exhaust (muffler, tail pipe and hangers). Whole tailpipe is $20.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles