Close

Redneck Riviera, Fort Walton Beach Florida

Default Fuel pump relay wiring

I'm converting my buddies 88 E150 to SEFI from bank fire. We were able to get it running it, just to make sure it would work, but I need to finalize the fuel pump relay wiring. I can't find any diagrams that depict the wire colors on the relay from the harness he had to use for this. He thought it was 86, but it's not. I know orange/blue goes to the solenoid for full time power, tan/green goes to EEC test port. I think red is switched power from EEC relay, and that would leave the yellow to go to the inertia switch? The inertia switch has a blue/orange going to it, and a pink/black going to the fuel pump. I'm probably over thinking this, the van is an hour away so am not able to just run out and tinker with it when I want. When I started this I figured Ford was a lot better about using same color wiring for some functions over the years/models, may have been optimistic...LOL!!
    Name:  Fuel Pump relay.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  94.7 KB
    1985 LTD LX, Mach1 brakes, 17" Mopar police car wheels. 302, T5, 4.10s
    1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1986 FHP coupe, stock shortblock, TW heads, Holley SMII intake, 4.88, T5Z
    1990 Red LX, ported AFR heads, TFS-R box upper, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

Forgot this site has a forum specifically for electrical.
    1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1990 Red LX, ported AFR heads, TFS-R box upper, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

50tussin! I watch a lot of Youtube and this project sounds familiar.

Honestly, the existing wiring from the original EFI can be used. I did that with the CFI setup my car had originally. I had to power the existing CFI relay, pump and inertia off the SEFI eec relay, iirc and the rest stayed as it was...

I had been planning to use some of both, what was tripping me up is the van has the inertia switch between the fuel pump relay and the pump. The mustang wiring has the inertia switch before the fuel pump relay. The van is an hour away, so can't get to it to check things I think about. I think if I just find the two wires that have continuity, most likely the orange/ blue and the yellow that should get me on the right track.

I think '91 and later Mustangs had the inertia switch between the pump and the pump relay.