Close

Default Paint Match for 79 Zephyr

Hello,

My 79 is a dark red metallic. Painting engine bay and looking for a decent match.
    Sticker says paint code is 66D or 66?

Search turns up nothing useful.
    I see cars the same color on here, just wondering what the color actually is, and where I can can get a couple spray cans of something similar.

Thank You!
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

I believe you have the wrong number. 66 is for a gold color. Red colors always start with a 2. I think you are looking at the body style number.
    Besides checking the paint samples on my site, I checked the dealer's big book 1979 Mercury Color and Upholstery Selections with the same results.
    Lots of FREE F/Z info on my site.
    http://myzephyrs.com

66B or 66D is the "BODY" code not the paint code. Look above "EXTERIOR PAINT COLORS" for the paint code, not below.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 04-05-2020 at 04:20 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Awesome
    thanks for the helpful replies!
    Apparently my paint code is 2H

thanks guys!
    Last edited by massacre; 04-05-2020 at 06:47 PM.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

So I guess it’s called Medium Cabernet Red, but duplicolor lists it as Dark Canton Red.

thanks again guys just ordered a couple cans