Close

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    Well looks like this china virus is going to splinter my family.

the aunt who usually hosts the family Thanksgiving get together just texted everyone that it's off. She's afraid of the stupid virus spreading.

She may not host, but there are others who are NOT pussies who will get together without her
    I am afraid we will have similar issues with my in laws. Our little valley of 150K people has had less than 100 confirmed cases with only 1 death of an 83 or 87 year old woman, but they are still freaked out over it. Didn't come to their daughter's 50th B Day party with a small group of close friends as it was too dangerous. Haven't personally seen them face to face in almost 2 months. Unfortunately none of the current data and information seems to change their mindset that this is the Black Plague of 2020. I get they are both in their 70's, but they are healthy, active, and generally at low risk here in our area. Of course, they have no problem going RVing with their group of friends all over the state and others, because they stay in their little quarantine group. We won't discuss that at least 3 or 4 of the group have been diagnosed with COVID this year. I love them both, but surprised how they continue to respond in such a illogical and panic stricken way, I truly thought they were more intelligent than this. Oh, well!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Power Member

The oldest living member of my family isn't even 70.

The ONLY case among the 30 some people who would attend was sick in early June and has made a FULL RECOVERY. He's under 40 and back to work now.

The county where most of the family lives and where the get together usually is has cases declining so much that they're starting to open EVERYTHING NOW! So by Thanksgiving they'll most likely be able to go to a gym, see a movie in a theater, and eat INSIDE a restaurant.....but this stupid aunt still buys the propaganda and is trying to cancel it.

Thoughts to keep us healthy to work on and enjoy our cars.
    Wonder if our attitude and perspective owning 4 eyes helps get thru these times health wise?
    Car survival. Preservation. Persistence. Awareness. Weighing options. Seeking detailed info on subjects.

Vaccinations:
    During the recent holiday get together, we recalled sugar cube polio inoculations in 60's grade school.
    Please this story link is for fact, not political anything whatsoever or news channel bios crap:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23/opini...nch/index.html
    Did the swine flu shot once. Doc made me stay 30 minutes for observation. Never again.
    Did get a tri combo booster while back. During routine exam, asked doc what work related shots are suggested.
    Tetanus, pneumonia, and something else upper left arm. Ok. Peace of mind.

Doctors and mechanics. Both not cheap. Finding something wrong during visit. We are mostly DIY.
    Watching oil pressure and BP. Monitoring temperatures. Making sure of plenty of fluids.

Adrift in uncharted territory?
    Geez now one person gets 19'ed every 30 sec?
    19 is real believe do not ignore or let peer pressure affect personal or community health.
    How to interpret stats and react is up to the individual. Proactive vs reactive.
    Are asymptomatics, subclinicals a problem, transmitting virus undetected possibly silent drivers?

Impaired self-awareness is denial, an interesting topic. Not always about addictions, etc.
    https://psychcentral.com/lib/are-you-in-denial/

50% tested + do not show symptoms.
    Everyone around here, in stores, etc wear masks and sanitize. No big deal.
    If someone is wearing ppe driving car, thats ok more power to them.
    Social distancing varies.
    The virus is coming from somewhere.
    Personally, no family or friends have gotten sick.

Stats from my zip code of 15,587 residents, April to current date.
    Timeline to reach 100 cases here:

April 1 to Aug 1 (4 months)= 100 cases
    Aug 1 to November 1 (3 months) = another 100 cases (total 200)
    November 1- November 18 (18 days) = another 100 cases (total 300)
    As of December 3= total 381 cases 8 dead.

Wife had it 3 weeks ago. She did her darndest to pass it to me before the diagnosis came in. I tested a week later and was negative. We ate, watched the tube, cleaned house, everything but sleep together after she was confirmed. I never had a single symptom. For something so easy to catch, I have butterfingers.

Quote Originally Posted by mudgepondexpress View Post
    Wife had it 3 weeks ago. She did her darndest to pass it to me before the diagnosis came in. I tested a week later and was negative. We ate, watched the tube, cleaned house, everything but sleep together after she was confirmed. I never had a single symptom. For something so easy to catch, I have butterfingers.
    Nope. It's not you. The whole thing is a giant overblown scam on the American people. I am not saying it is not real, it most certainly is. Just like the flu that's been around forever. You can certainly die from it. Not anywhere close to as many people have as the reported statistics would lead you to believe, but it's possible. It's also possible to die from taking Advil. 16,000 people in the USA do every year.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

FEP Member

I'm pretty sure I had it this time last year. Lasted about 2-3 days then I was back to normal. I do know a few friends and their kids had it. Everyone survived without much incident. Symptoms described as mild flu to moderate but were fine in 5 days or so. Yes, they were tested as positive.
    I personally know of no one that has died from it but people with poor health and other disorders may have much greater issues with it.
    BTW, I do not wear a mask nor do I distance. Will I take the vaccine? No. YMMV

Stayed up all night Sunday watching the live video feed from Pfizer.
    Rare sight to see a pack line and a shipping dock live on tv.
    Laughed at all the employee procedure and visitor fact boards, and many bystanders watching trailer loading.
    Would be distracting and a no fun shift with millions of eyes watching every move.
    Their midnight pack line did not waste time leaving at shift end.
    Could not believe the very long delay to release the loaded trucks.
    Defiantly not the same as an everyday auto industry JIT type pace.

mRNA type vaccines:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00502-w

https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2020121021599

major players and notables:
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/10/...-vaccine-race/

Facts:
    https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/...ne-safety.html

https://www.genome.gov/genetics-glos...bonucleic-Acid
    Last edited by gr79; 12-28-2020 at 12:12 PM.

My older brother died from covid pneumonia yesterday. He was sick for about 3 weeks. Hospitalized for just under 2 weeks. Intubated for 6 days. He had no underlying health issues. He was 69. Once the pneumonia set in his lungs, that was it, he made no improvement no matter what the doctors did. We are in shock. I have an elderly uncle (93) who passed away from it about a week ago. I have other family who had it and recovered with no major complications. Mostly fatigue and shortness of breath. This is not the flu. I don't believe the masks work, wear one if you like, just don't trust that it provides any measure of safety.

Gmatt sorry for your losses. Losing family members is definitely difficult enough and with everything going on right now that only makes the loss harder to cope with and have the opportunity to grieve and say our good byes.

The official cause of my Dad's death last month was Covid 19. Apparently he caught it during one of his hospital visits. He in turn had a stroke and a seizure and never recovered. He obviously wasn't in good health at 75 thanks to all that he went through in 2020 and he just didn't have the strength to recover. My mother and sister both caught Covid at the same time, thankfully they both recovered. It took my sister longer to get over it than my mother, but both seem to be in good health and doing ok. I have to agree on the whole mask BS and have argued that from the beginning. The latest double masking honestly just infuriates me.
    Last edited by wraithracing; 02-12-2021 at 08:42 AM. Reason: spelling
    ​Trey

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Gmatt sorry for your losses. Losing family members is definitely difficult enough and with everything going on right now that only makes the loss harder to cope with and have the opportunity to grieve and say our good byes.

The official cause of my Dad's death last month was Covid 19. Apparently he caught it during one of his hospital visits. He in turn had a stroke and a seizure and never recovered. He obviously wasn't in good health at 75 thanks to all that he went through in 2020 and he just didn't have the strength to recover. My mother and sister both caught Covid at the same time, thankfully they both recovered. It took my sister longer to get over it than my mother, but both seem to be in good health and doing ok. I have to agree on the whole mask BS and have argued that from the beginning. The latest double masking honestly just infuriates me.
    thanks for the kind words. Of interest, my other brother and I were not permitted to visit, while my sister could have. She didn't because she would have had to quarantine for 2 weeks and would have been unable to visit our Mother who is in nursing care. They said men are more adversely affected by this virus as reason for not permitting us to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by gmatt View Post
    thanks for the kind words. Of interest, my other brother and I were not permitted to visit, while my sister could have. She didn't because she would have had to quarantine for 2 weeks and would have been unable to visit our Mother who is in nursing care. They said men are more adversely affected by this virus as reason for not permitting us to visit.
    I have heard and read similar statements to the effect that men are a higher risk. There is also evidence that Type O blood patients have better chances if contracting Covid. Unfortunately the virus behaves very differently with different people, blood types, age, and overall health. I feel for what you are going through, we had a similar situation with my father being in the hospital most of last year. I wasn't able to see him due to Covid restrictions when I was down there. Then everything happened so fast in January that he was gone before we knew it, besides they wouldn't let anyone in to see him at that time either. Then with the current restrictions we would not be able to do any funeral or burial service. Thankfully Dad wanted to be cremated, so we are planning on a memorial later this year when hopefully things are a bit more normal. Prayers and Thoughts for you and your family. Take Care!
    ​Trey

Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller

I just got the second Pfizer shot yesterday. Took an hour and a half each time including the fifteen minute after wait.
    Only side effect the first time was a really sore arm for a few days. This time I had the shivers all night could not feel warm so no sleep.
    And had to go the bathroom every hour and a half. Also got the hurt arm that makes it hard to do anything again. I feel better knowing I should not be able to catch it in a couple of weeks. I will still wear a mask because you can still pass it even with the shots.

My friend who does not believe the virus is real, had someone get it at his business. Everyone there wears no mask and works right next to one another while Rush and Hannity play over the loudspeakers all day long. When I would sometimes work there it was like listening to a comedy show. How can anyone believe what they say?

He and his wife and the other workers had to quarantine for two weeks. I have not visited him in almost a year because of his bad habits. Then the rest of his family, cousins, and sisters, a couple of them had to be hospitalized with the virus, and the others quarantined from the Thanksgiving get together. What a way to spend Christmas and New Years. They all have the same beliefs as him. I wonder if that will change now?

Why is it so hard to wear a mask and stay away from people? Here there has been no car shows and hardly any place to go. I want that to change soon but it does not look likely. They already cancelled the LA County Fair for this year, and I am not really planning my vacation.

Sorry for all the people who lose loved ones during this and don't get to say goodbye. My mom died last year at 95 and no one was allowed to be there at the end.
    Lots of FREE F/Z info on my site.
    http://myzephyrs.com

I got my 2nd shot last week, no wait but im sorry for all that have a lost a loved one. My wife lost her brother and a month later lost her mother on x-mas morning (but from natural causes)
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Sorry for you losses gmatt, wraithracing and NAVYCAT. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by fascat View Post
    Sorry for you losses gmatt, wraithracing and NAVYCAT. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RED 78' View Post
    I just got the second Pfizer shot yesterday. Took an hour and a half each time including the fifteen minute after wait.
    Only side effect the first time was a really sore arm for a few days. This time I had the shivers all night could not feel warm so no sleep.
    And had to go the bathroom every hour and a half. Also got the hurt arm that makes it hard to do anything again. I feel better knowing I should not be able to catch it in a couple of weeks. I will still wear a mask because you can still pass it even with the shots.

My friend who does not believe the virus is real, had someone get it at his business. Everyone there wears no mask and works right next to one another while Rush and Hannity play over the loudspeakers all day long. When I would sometimes work there it was like listening to a comedy show. How can anyone believe what they say?

He and his wife and the other workers had to quarantine for two weeks. I have not visited him in almost a year because of his bad habits. Then the rest of his family, cousins, and sisters, a couple of them had to be hospitalized with the virus, and the others quarantined from the Thanksgiving get together. What a way to spend Christmas and New Years. They all have the same beliefs as him. I wonder if that will change now?

Why is it so hard to wear a mask and stay away from people? Here there has been no car shows and hardly any place to go. I want that to change soon but it does not look likely. They already cancelled the LA County Fair for this year, and I am not really planning my vacation.

Sorry for all the people who lose loved ones during this and don't get to say goodbye. My mom died last year at 95 and no one was allowed to be there at the end.
    Here's why. It's not that I don't believe it's real. Almost everyone admits It's real. The problem is that politics are skewing the facts. For the majority of us, there is over a 99% chance of survival. Most of the people who have died from Covid could have just as easily died from the flu. For the elderly and those with underlying conditions, those people should wear masks and social distance. The rest of us should help make that happen. Deliver groceries and supplies, help pay bills, etc. I'm 47 yrs old and pretty healthy, other than a beer gut and bad joints. But I'm not living the rest of my life like a leper for a 99%survival rate. I was willing to do that for a few weeks...flatten the curve and all that, but I'm finished with it. I could get hit by a car on my way to work or stabbed by mugger. To be honest, my job probably has a lower survival rate than the virus. I'm willing to take my chances. I've been through worse. I keep thinking of that quote from Shawshank...."Get busy living, or get busy dying". We're not all on the same page with this one and we never will be. I can show you studies that claim masks don't work. You can show me studies that say they do work. But I can tell you pretty much everyone I know that had it wore their masks.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Quote Originally Posted by fascat View Post
    Thank you Brother
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

a family in the UK, a cross between the VonTrapp's and Weird Al Yankovic shares their feelings for all the lockdowns
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...PpF7b7G9X3Z1xt
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A

Thanks for posting that video, it was great!
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

All 3 of us got the second shot yesterday at Rentschler Field in East Harford, CT.
    Named after Frederick Rentschler, the force behind the first practical radial aircraft engine.
    And one of the founders of Pratt and Whitney as an aircraft engine builder.
    https://www.innovationhartford.com/c...ck-rentschler/
    I was having fun with the National Guard members working traffic flow.
    We where sitting on one of the closed runways, I tell them their quartermaster issued the wrong camo package.
    They wore the typical jungle pattern, but your on this big hunk of asphalt, you need something in black to make the camo work.
    My wife tells them, that's my husband.
    Another was commenting on her Dodge Magnum, and was wishing he could get one.
    I tell him a dealer on South Main in Torrington,CT has one.
    My last post in this thread on the parody songs from England has me refraining Third Lockdown when I hear Total Ecilpse of the Heart on the radio now.
    Just like Tainted Love has me seeing Dan Aykroyd making a golf club running from a pit monster.
    And the Ride of the Valkyries make me think of Elmer Fudd and then Robert Duval.
    Remember what my wife said.
    As to comments about this hole mess, I revert back to respecting the 2 topic prohibition of this site.
    I would have to violate 1 or both.
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A

All of my immediate family vacinated with Pfizer for last two months. Only know of 2 people who have died from it, know of many more who have had it. Soon my company will quit paying for quarantine due to getting covid. Reasons I guess are vaccines are available.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Got second shot of Phizer today.
    Makes going abroad for vacation easier this summer.
    Perhaps going to France with the caravan behind the family car.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk

I'm sorry to hear about the deaths and how covid has affected other peoples' lives.

I got Covid and pneumonia. It sucked. The Covid was about 9 days of high fever, not being able to eat, and a serious migraine. I finally went to the ER because of the migraine. That's when I found out that I also had pneumonia. This all happened while we were on vacation in TN for the Fall Rod Run. I never got to leave and was stuck in bed the whole time. Honestly, the pneumonia was the worst part. I'm still trying to recover from that. I get winded easily and working 12 hour shifts has been a challenge. I had to go back though, I was already without a check for almost 4 weeks.

I had a friend that got sick the same time and we were both diagnosed at the same time. He wound up with pneumonia also but had to have a respirator, he passed away last week.

It's so weird how this virus affects people. I've known some very healthy people that damn near died, and then some very unhealthy people that are mildly inconvenienced. There is no rhyme or reason with this virus. I am not a denier, I know that the virus exists and that there are a lot of dangers. I don't trust the statistics though. How can you trust the numbers when a motorcycle accident and terminal cancer patients are classified as Covid deaths? The government and the media have no credibility when it comes to this disease. Politicizing this has only served to make it worse.

Shoot, I also wanted to mention the splintering of families and friendships. It is crazy how this, much like politics, has made everyone mad at everyone else. I would have never figured that this would end up being so divisive. I have friends and family that straight up disowned people for not getting the vaccine and vice versa. I try not to talk to much about my beliefs on it because I'm pretty much in the middle and taking it day by day. For the record, I have had the first shot, but then I got sick before the second one. My Dr. says that natural immunity is approx. 13 times more effective than the vaccine and has told me not to get the second shot. My work says that I need to get the vaccine or else any days missed due to covid related illnesses will be unexcused. So now I have to juggle what the Dr., what the government, and what my employers are saying. It should not be this difficult. Can we please just get some facts?

Covid went through our family recently, none of us are vaccinated, and thank God we all survived.

My girlfriend's stepdad tested positive for covid on August 21. We think he got it from a truck stop since he drives otr trucking. He ended up in the hospital with covid pneumonia. He also had bad diarrhea. I'm pretty sure he's 49 and he also has heart problems. He was on oxygen and got better and got to come home thankfully after 5 days. He was out of work for 6 weeks.

My girlfriend's mom got covid from the stepdad and she got better pretty quick. She said she was over the covid symptoms after 3 or 4 days. She's 51. She has a paralyzed stomach so she vomited frequently.

My girlfriend got it from her mom before she showed any symptoms while they were in the car together to pick up her stepdad's truck from the hospital. She started running a fever September 7th and went to get tested for covid. The rapid test was negative, but the main test came back positive. She had flu like symptoms and diarrhea and nausea, got better within the 10 day quarantine period. She's 34.

Then I got covid from my girlfriend. On September 8th I had tightness in my chest and a cough so I went and got tested for covid and it was positive. I'm 37 and lung issues run in my family. I ran fever of 103 at one point, had bad diarrhea, and it turned into pneumonia for me too. I didn't have to go to the hospital thanks to virtual doctor visits where they prescribed antibiotics and steroids. I was out of work for 3 weeks.

My girlfriend's brother had it the same time as the rest of us, but he got it from work. He's 23 I believe and he lost his taste and smell. Other than that he was fine.
    Matt
    1984 Thunderbird -- 1989 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake, Edelbrock 600 4bbl, 85 Mustang dizzy, Jegs o/r h pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Mustang AOD & shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, Mustang front & rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 TC struts & shocks, and Mustang 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT hatch -- Explorer intake, GT40 heads with Trick Flow spring kit, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, 70mm MAF, 70mm throttle body, o/r H pipe, Dynomax mufflers, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 Deluxe handle, clutch quadrant & firewall adjuster, and 3.27s
    (86 Mercury Cougar 5.0, 89 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 80 Mercury Zephyr 4 door) sold

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast