Close

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Broncojunkie View Post
    ^^^^^this^^^^^
    Changes. Its like another time dimension or bad dream that is not a dream. Popular dark themed type movie, tv drama or gaming turned real.
    Much less air pollution, 'global warming'. Major changes in public behavior, rethinking of real priorities lost over the years. Acid tests. Reality check.
    Now are electric cars and autonomous really so urgent? Expensive vehicles? Buying the latest 5G phones? Business on Sunday? Sports?
    Alien intervention? I miss pic a part yard visits already. Will auto insurance be adjusted? 15%. S..t should be 50% for lock down time.
    Service economy. Boy how lucky we are factory robots don't get sick. Will be real fun to get them up running again.
    Now is time to fix more of the dam roads. Time out like auto companies do model changeover and maint during summer shutdowns.

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by ashley roachclip View Post
    Population of my county is around 20k .
    No deaths , 3 confirmed cases .
    Whole thing is ____ ___t.
    Just watch and see , I will be right !
    Sheep following sheep , gullible enough to believe government can save them .....lol
    No mention that car accidents , yearly flue , obesity, poor health choices , diet , kills and has killed more than this grand standing 

Name:  science settled.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  33.3 KB

When the layoffs come they come quick. Covid-19 took out my job and my wife’s forced leave / lay-off style all in a matter of a few days.

This is complete and utter bull****. The only country on the globe that seems to have an ounce of sense right now is Sweden. And you can tell a Swede but you can’t tell him much. (Hey ..... it’s a plaque but it’s both funny and true. my ancestors came from Sweden and Germany about years ago)

I put in a solid 85 hours last week looking for something else. A few good solid leads and a very frustrated sales engineer that can’t sleep for anything.

If I don’t find something fast I’m going to have to start selling a lot of stuff and draining 401K and stock while it’s all down in value. Really not at all happy about it but life has been beyond trying at times - especially since about 22 months ago. Hard to believe the 24 prior to that had gone so well.
    Last edited by erratic50; 04-13-2020 at 01:40 AM.

I check stuff out. Like repair shops for our cars, hospitals do people.
    The good ones and the bad ones. Local last resorts are known and even have nicknames.
    Constant mergers and name changing to shake bad raps.
    Signing all the paperwork for admissions sucks not knowing what is really written in the contents.
    Like 5 doctors poking their head into your room for a second to ask if ok then charging for that.

In the spirit of transparency, some hospital systems are providing daily basic local census on virus cases.
    Just the facts, not negative everything or complaining. Were easily found.
    Henry Ford Health System (Detroit area).
    https://www.henryford.com/services/i...19-coronavirus
    Another
    https://www.beaumont.org/health-wellness/coronavirus
    Could not find my preferred health system's page or if it even exists.

Old 2017 but interesting.
    https://www.healthcarefinancenews.co...infections-cms

Bought teepee today. Who knew how exciting it would be to see those rolls on the shelf at Dollar Tree...........

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Default For profit hospitals that make millions are crying

What has happened to common sense? Greedy? Certain hospital groups here are. Never had good care records.
    Just plenty of tv ads.
    Most relatives i know that checked into these places never checked out alive.

What happens to emergencies, babies? Broken arms?
    If they cant gouge insurance, they fold up? Ok when they did it, but if they get gouged for supplies they cry?
    One in particular (starts with a B) has been expanding all over in recent years with new buildings and renaming old hospitals.
    Now they are crying. They made millions.
    Last edited by gr79; 04-21-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Default For profit hospitals that make millions are crying

Beds are full or over capacity due to 19. Yet hospitals are laying off thousands? Cutting hours? Closing? WTF.
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...fs/5139326002/
    https://www.salon.com/2020/04/18/cas...aff-shortages/

So i just got done sanitizing 1.00 and 20.00 bills and pocket change
    Bucket with bit of simple green
    Wash, dump, fill, rinse.
    Then steam iron the bills about 15 sec side
    Came out nice and dry
    Steam kills any germs, virus
    Yes i am ok
    never did that before

https://www.statesman.com/LIFESTYLE/...ring-operation

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by gr79 View Post
    Beds are full or over capacity due to 19. Yet hospitals are laying off thousands? Cutting hours? Closing? WTF.
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...fs/5139326002/
    https://www.salon.com/2020/04/18/cas...aff-shortages/
    Things like hip and knee replacements, rotator cuff surgery, and other treatments deemed "nonessential" by certain morons bring money into hospitals. Not allowing those procedures to happen means a loss of revenue, forcing the cutting of hours and layoffs.

Default 'masked' corperate a few bad apples spoil the pie

Certain for profit hospital groups spend all their money building and acquiring. Little left for operation by choice. Then sell out.
    Bottom line profits business model. Medicine and Medical are not exempt. Big Pharma.
    Patients money first, shareholders and upper mgm 2nd, patients last. Bankrupt the patients, move on to next ones with money.
    Using tech to speed thru patient repair for max profit, not results. The new abnormal norm.
    Thankfully most groups are run honestly and treat employees well.
    My family's doctor, back in the private practice days, smoked a pipe.
    AI and computers are absolutely necessary but not as a total way to make decisions and run everything just because they can.

Did air travel play a major part in the virus spread so widely and quickly? Will it happen again when air travel resumes?
    City buses dont pack em in, why do airlines?
    Last edited by gr79; 05-18-2020 at 03:48 PM.
    past owned daily driven many memorable times with all
    1967 Mustang 'verti Sports Sprint 289 Holley 4vC4 2.79 lime gold blk vinyl (6/70-4/73) 100k
    1970 VW 113 Beetle modded 1650 5200 2v 4sp Hurst 4.13 grn blk leathette (1973-1977) 200k
    1975 VW 1303 S Beetle LaGrande 1600 EFI 4sp Hurst 3.88 lime grn tan cloth (1977-1980) 90k
    1985 LTD LX 5.0 CFI HO AOD 3.27 gray gray (1987-1990) 75k
    1986 Ranger XL 2wd 7' bed 114 wb 2.3 EFI 5 sp 3.45 gray burgundy cloth (1990-1994) 180k
    current owned now weekly driven totally enjoyed
    1979 Mustang Cobra 61R 2.3T Holley 2305 2v '92 T5 Hurst 3.45 black orange decals (7/80- )
    1993 Ranger XLT R103 2wd 7' bed 114 wb 2.3 EFI 5sp Hurst 3.45 calypso green gray (3/94- )

Default Clean that car

Watched people in parking lot.
    They get in and clean their hands with sanitizer.
    Is driving with a mask on really necessary?
    Do they do the rest?
    I do and have for a long time.
    Am hanging mask on mirror and let the sun get on it.

When i get home i wash purchased products. Soap and water.
    Who knows what they are spraying on everything down the isles when store is closed?

https://www.carprousa.com/Keeping-Yo...u-Season/a/165
    Last edited by gr79; 04-28-2020 at 01:00 PM.

Default They can't drive 105

Less traffic nowadays. But 180 at 11:45 pm? Wow. Location is pretty much farm country.
    2016 Black Challenger SRT Hellcat. Other car's make unknown.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ph/3045781001/
    https://www.mlive.com/news/2020/04/d...n-freeway.html

Motor Trend 4/29/20
    "The Michigan State Police also posted a partially redacted photo of the actual ticket it issued to the offending driver, and it lists the car only as a "2016 Dodge." No model or trim is specified, but assuming the car wasn't modified, it's easy to narrow down which Dodge it could be. In 2016, the only Dodges factory capable of at least 180 mph were the 707-hp Charger SRT Hellcat and the equally powerful Challenger SRT Hellcat—as well as the V-10-powered Viper sports car. Lesser "392" versions of the Charger and Challenger topped out at an estimated 175 mph, and we're assuming the driver in question here wasn't top-speeding their Dodge down a slight hill on a public road. The Hellcats and Viper would have no issue achieving 180 mph—according to Dodge, the former duo boasted top speeds of 199 mph and 204 mph, while the latter could achieve up to 206 mph."

Default Are restroom air hand dryers causing problems?

Those xcellerator jet dryers blow dirt, and who knows what else that is on the floor, everywhere.
    https://health.clevelandclinic.org/t...t-hand-dryers/

I never use those extra high powered things, and exit a restroom quickly if someone else does.
    Its paper or let hands air dry.
    The white ones worked ok if having patience to use one. Then no- more was better. BS.

Pretty freaky looking serious protests in Lansing MI. Citizens heavily armed, flak jackets and vests, few masks.
    50,079 confirmed virus 19 cases in Michigan to date.
    Would pretty much fill Coors Field, at 50,398 in normal times.
    Name:  coors field.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  19.8 KB

4,825 gone. Fox Theater, Detroit capy 5,048.
    Name:  A430-DETROIT-FOX-THEATRE 5,048 3030.JPG
Views: 262
Size:  19.8 KB
    Last edited by gr79; 05-15-2020 at 02:54 PM.

Back in the 60's and 70's you were rebelling by NOT cutting your hair.
    Now you are rebelling by wanting to cut your hair?
    Ray
    86 Mustang LX 3.8 Convertible (bought new}
    65 Galaxie 500 XL 390 auto
    2A

FEP Member

Cut my own hair last week. Not sure if it looks any better, but I can see my ears now.

Default C19 weed?

All has been well friends and family so far. Hope the same for all here.

New weed found today in front yard.
    May post sign: 'Beware of Weed'.
    Also reminds me of the Star Trek TOS flowers that puffed spores:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_S...iginal_Series)
    Name:  weed c19 3030.JPG
Views: 147
Size:  27.5 KB

Looks like clover. Pull a pinch of the pink things out and taste the white base. Should taste like honey.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

I thought the same thing, looks like clover. Tasty.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

Default thinking positive- no testing positive

Well I'll be darn. Thanks everyone for the info.
    Going to go around it mowing the yard. Is the only plant like that.
    Never really noticed or knew about clover in that way.
    Now can think positive of clover shape on TV, instead of the negative but real evil 19 shape.
    Maybe they will mix some into a 19 vaccine.
    Yard has patches of herbal medicine. Bees help the garden and i like them around.
    Added health benefits from not allowing stinky chemicals to be sprayed on my lawn.

"Red clover used to be widely used as protection against witchcraft and evil spirits.
    This is also the plant that can produce the lucky four-leaf clover."

As with seat belts, if general public masking up will help, have no problem with that. Even gloves if desired.
    Am used to having worn PPE at work. Most was overkill for my job, actually increased the risk of accident hated it.
    Drove a forklift. Safety vests were hot, plastic glasses distorted side vision, ear plugs aggravated my hearing loss with speech.
    Masks, gloves are no big deal when sanding bondo, painting. Cannot ignore proven facts for health safety.

......How come 99% of the paper masks are STILL made in china? just asking
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

FEP Power Member

Speaking of the wuhan virus and testing, anyone else hear of anything like this?

I have recently spoken to 2 aunts who live in different states, CA and AZ. Both have neighbors who recently went to be tested for the virus. Both neighbors went to a large testing center where everyone was lined up in their cars. Both neighbors filled out paperwork and got into line. Both got so disgusted with how long the wait was taking that they drove out of line before getting to the front, so neither got tested. Both people later received letters telling them that the tests that they had not taken came back as positive for the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    Speaking of the wuhan virus and testing, anyone else hear of anything like this?

I have recently spoken to 2 aunts who live in different states, CA and AZ. Both have neighbors who recently went to be tested for the virus. Both neighbors went to a large testing center where everyone was lined up in their cars. Both neighbors filled out paperwork and got into line. Both got so disgusted with how long the wait was taking that they drove out of line before getting to the front, so neither got tested. Both people later received letters telling them that the tests that they had not taken came back as positive for the virus.
    Yes, I have heard several stories just like this. I haven't experienced it personally since I have not been tested or even attempted to. The interesting part is that I am now in the medical field and most of these stories are coming from people directly involved in the medical field. So something just isn't right.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

There is an agenda and some shady crap going on that we know nothing about. Something just isn't right with the whole thing.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

3x
    Over population control linked to global warming agenda.
    Diversion from bigger secret agendas? Trial run? Expose vulnerability in the system?
    Mystery seeds in the mail.
    Push push push to electric/electronic everything when blackouts are still common.
    Data hording. Data hacking. Power and money.
    Losing the 'game', balance tips. So quickly change/rig rules of the game legal or not.

The more complex the better in the name of tech smart new ideal whether it works or not.
    Wrong path? Cover error trail blame tech do not be accountable and lose job or get into trouble.
    Creating things that need Einstein smarts to understand. Cant teach that to everyone. Fail. Nice try.
    Attempt to do too much on a little smartphone. Which suck badly as a ergo telephone or sub computer.

Five computer models for, say, local weather prediction, then guess which one it will be.
    Prob done with medical too attempting to cover all bases, or try to, because of lawsuits.
    Computers design 'better' products but at 10x? the cost and complexity of old.
    Another costly time consuming layer added to the old analog thinking way.

No change. Cant fix anything new easy. Throw it away because of a 2 cent part that is unavailable. Buy more.
    The beat goes on.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast