Close

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

I still think it's funny that a face shield is 'ok' when a mask is often not 'ok' because it leaks around the edges. Really? A shield doesn't seal at all!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

With everybody involved manipulating the data to fit their agenda it's impossible to tell what's truth and what's fiction.

So I fall back on the old fashioned way of believing only what I can see with my own eyes. And where I live what I see is that nobody is sick. I don't know a single person who has or had this virus, nor do I know anybody who knows anybody with it.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

My 90 y.o. mother lives in an assisted living facility which locked down in mid March. No visitors other than staff and doctors. Around mid May they told us she tested positive for covid-19. She never presented any symptoms. No fever, no difficulty breathing, no muscle aches, nothing. They isolated her in her room. This continued till the end of June at which time they sent her to the emergency room at the adjoining hospital saying her blood pressure was low. Still claiming she was positive for covid. The emergency room doctor spoke to my sister, telling her they could find nothing wrong with her. Still, they kept her for a week and decided she needed physical therapy to improve her strength. They sent her to a rehab facility. Now they tell us that she has reached a plateau in her therapy and since she's not making any progress they will discontinue, so she has to leave by 8/1. The assisted care facility will not take her back saying she needs too much assistance. Co-incidentally, she tested negative for the virus yesterday. And the medicare payments to the rehab facility stop since her therapy is discontinued. I feel like we are being 'played'.

I feel for you. 12 years ago, I had to take care of my grandfather when his heath was declining. I had a heck of a time finding the right place to take care of him. I had to move him 4 times in 2 months before I finally found a place that would take care of him properly. I was played by a lot of people, including doctors. I wish I knew then what I do now, I would have sued at least one of those places. good luck to you
    67 Mustang Coupe
    96 Tangerine GT
    86 Saleen #179

I feel for you, gmatt, as well. My Mom and Pop are in a place now I wish was better but it's the best of the worst and they just got a case of the Covid there so now I'm really worried about them. Worst part is if my Mom had more in social security she could be in a little apartment.

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

We can't even visit because of the covid thing. The facilities are not allowing any visitors. If we take her out, she has to be quarantined for 2 weeks when she goes back. She can't be on her own, she has mobility issues. Our houses(my brothers and sister and myself) are not set up for wheelchair mobility. And she needs access to medical care. We're searching for a nursing home. I just find it odd that as soon as her medicare was ending she tested negative. I know they get extra money for covid patients.

double post

Scotty
    Past Pony's.....

Wish you the best on getting it all worked out.
    Not visiting is driving us crazy as well. When I go to pick up their laundry we will talk on the phone looking at each other through the window. It's like they are in jail.

Scotty
    Past Pony's.....

Not exactly covid/corona related, but we found what looks like a decent place for my Mom. Only 10 residents with 2 live-in care givers. It's 63 miles from my house, but our only alternative was a nursing home. I hope this works out.

Heartfelt thanks for the well wishes guys.
    Last edited by gmatt; 08-04-2020 at 08:51 PM.

FEP Power Member

Is this affecting anyone else's mail yet?

In recent weeks I've had a few days with no delivery, then others with 2 deliveries. 1 between 8 and 9am, followed by a second roughly 12 hours later.

So the other day I caught my mailman and asked him about it.

Turns out there are TONS of postal employees out due to policies from the virus. If they come in contact with anyone who has tested positive, they're under orders to quarantine for 14 days. Leaving many post offices shorthanded. On top of that, there's another policy mandating NO OVERTIME!

So before the china virus if a postal worker wasn't there, day off or just called in sick, another employee would do the missing one's route after covering their own. But that could never be done during a normal shift and always ended up with the guy covering a second route getting at least a few hours of overtime.

So now it employee A is missing(day off, sick, or quarantined) then his route is split in two and employees B and C try to each cover half of his route after their own. But if they're not done at shift end, they're under orders to clock out without delivering that mail.

Then he went on unprompted about the mail in ballot idea being thrown around now. As a mailman for 20+ years he said he cannot see it being possible under these circumstances. Getting the blank ballots to people with their regular mail is one thing. But he doesn't see picking up all the voted ballots as possible with the resources they have. He said the ONLY way he can see it having a chance of working is if voters are urged to take their voted ballots to the nearest post office and put them in the slot. Because that requires less manpower from the postal service than trying to get them all from peoples' home mailboxes.

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    Is this affecting anyone else's mail yet?

In recent weeks I've had a few days with no delivery, then others with 2 deliveries. 1 between 8 and 9am, followed by a second roughly 12 hours later.

So the other day I caught my mailman and asked him about it.

Turns out there are TONS of postal employees out due to policies from the virus. If they come in contact with anyone who has tested positive, they're under orders to quarantine for 14 days. Leaving many post offices shorthanded. On top of that, there's another policy mandating NO OVERTIME!

So before the china virus if a postal worker wasn't there, day off or just called in sick, another employee would do the missing one's route after covering their own. But that could never be done during a normal shift and always ended up with the guy covering a second route getting at least a few hours of overtime.

So now it employee A is missing(day off, sick, or quarantined) then his route is split in two and employees B and C try to each cover half of his route after their own. But if they're not done at shift end, they're under orders to clock out without delivering that mail.

Then he went on unprompted about the mail in ballot idea being thrown around now. As a mailman for 20+ years he said he cannot see it being possible under these circumstances. Getting the blank ballots to people with their regular mail is one thing. But he doesn't see picking up all the voted ballots as possible with the resources they have. He said the ONLY way he can see it having a chance of working is if voters are urged to take their voted ballots to the nearest post office and put them in the slot. Because that requires less manpower from the postal service than trying to get them all from peoples' home mailboxes.
    And rural voters will be the ones most likely to have their ballots not picked up. You do the math.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Please now they have gutted the officials in the post office and mandated a hiring freeze...

Not trying to be political, but I'm sick of seeing it.
    2 1986 cougars (both 4 eyed and 5.0)
    1 1987 cougar

Here in Indiana (Cincinnati, N KY area's too) I have friends and family all over the tri-state area. I personally know of 5 who had it. Two of them in their 60's, one with no symptoms and one with "bad cold" type symptoms, 1 in her early 40's with tiredness and no smell, 2 of them an elderly couple in their early 90's with mild symptoms only. I have a cousin who works at a tri-state hospital tell me they sent all their Covid and possible Covid patients to 1 hospital to keep them all together. They had a total of 40 patients and 17 did need a ventilator. That's out of 1 million plus citizens in the area. There was a makeshift treatment center set up in the Duke Energy Center in downtown Cincinnati and it held ZERO patients. No tri-state area hospital even came close to capacity. Since April I've been in 7 states, ate at restaurants where no staff were wearing PPE, and took 2 airline flights (pre-mask mandate) with no problems at all. Lucky I guess..........

In Chicago, they set up a makeshift Covid treatment center for the sum of $66 million. It saw 38 patients total.

My sister is one of the folks who are supporting the shutting down of the US. Everyone should stay home, wear masks, etc. She's been sending me updates of a person she works with (they're not close....just an acquaintance) who is in the hospital on a ventilator. He's not expected to make it. It's a sad situation, but I really didn't question her when she mentioned He's only 51 yrs old. I looked him up and he definitely doesn't look like the pillar of health. He looks 20 yrs older and morbidly obese. I asked her about his prior health and she admitted he was overweight and had problems with diabetes.

From what I've seen, active people with no major underlying issues will have less symptoms. Lying in bed gives the virus a chance to attack the lungs... to build up fluid. A good friend had it. He's a few years older than the guy who's dying. He was off work for 2 weeks. He spent most of that time putting a new roof on his house. He stayed active. All he had were a few minor cold symptoms for a total of 4 days, and only for a few hours in the evenings.

So if you have been putting it off, now would be a good time to start dieting and exercising. I have been. I've lost about 10 lbs just eating right, doing a mile on the treadmill and a little weight training.
    Last edited by Broncojunkie; 08-15-2020 at 03:55 PM.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd

I thought I'd post an update since things have changed a bit since I posted this the end of last month:

Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    And where I live what I see is that nobody is sick. I don't know a single person who has or had this virus, nor do I know anybody who knows anybody with it.
    I do know 7 people who've had the virus now, one of them being me. We've all recovered after being sick in varying degrees. The worst case was my aunt who was hospitalized for a few days, but then she's also 80 years old.

The others I've talked to agree that while being sick is never fun this was no worse than some of the flu strains we've had in the past. And we're not kids, we're all over 60, most well over.

I still think the reaction to this disease was and is way overboard. Had we done nothing from the beginning, and simply let it run it's course we'd all be better off now.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

Im glad you are alive and a survivor! Your testimony is of a tough guy with no underlying health factors that we are aware of.

The issue is there is no cure, and last time Spanish Enfluenza, SARs and MERs hit, no one knew it wasnt gonna be like Ebola.

My adoptive father was felled by a similar to SARs illness at the phosphate works in Bluff New Zealand in IIRC, 1959. Dad was the worst off of 7 people who caught it, and were quarantined. He was in hospital for 1 month and unable to work for 3 months until his respitory and liver function returned...a healthy guy in his prime absolutely felled by an illness. His doctor was Middle Eastern, ex North African military service and hed seen it as what we might term today a MERs like illness, similar to the historic S Flu ( so called). Dad will be 86 in two months, G""d willing.

Props to you for sharing. You've 4 oh 8'd it!

Hope everyone stays well.
    Do not know anyone that has gotten sick here.
    No school age kids among family, friends. All surviving adults are still under 70.
    Bowling alleys open again. Now where those 8# balls? May fall down swinging the old 15 Gyro II.

County added school case statistics according to district.
    The upscale areas had more cases, more than 2x per 10k
    District here has 25 cases 8/27-9/9

Was not aware a junior and senior kindergarten existed. Preschool relabeled.
    Trick is to get virtual instruction to match the rigor and pace of in-person classroom instruction.
    Combo of live and virtual is being used.

Sure its easy to cheat at home, but still have to prove can do the work.
    Could not bring any paper or a calculator in my jr college shop math class back in 82.
    Just the book. It had all the quiz answers penciled in. My ave was 92 (A) which qualified to skip the final.
    Did not cheat. Did extra homework. 13 week trimester classes geared for skilled trade apprentices.
    Getting out of the final and paying for class out of pocket were major factors in success of retaining math skills to date.
    So cheating in school, ether in person or online, only fools one self forever. That has not changed
    Last edited by gr79; 09-16-2020 at 12:59 PM.

FEP Power Member

Not personally affected but I need to keep close tabs on my 85 year old dad. About a year and half ago, I checked him out of the nursing home and set him up with a live in aid. It turns out, the nursing home in NJ which was stacking up the COVID bodies in the shed, was the place I checked him out of.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

Over labor day, daughter boyfriend became sick, he tested positive, daughter tested positive, wife, aunt, uncle and I tested negative. Boyfriend at house overnight.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KevinK View Post
    Not personally affected but I need to keep close tabs on my 85 year old dad. About a year and half ago, I checked him out of the nursing home and set him up with a live in aid. It turns out, the nursing home in NJ which was stacking up the COVID bodies in the shed, was the place I checked him out of.
    Glad to hear you got him outta there man!
    I read about the cases in NY and NJ scary stuff for sure
    Last edited by massacre; 09-16-2020 at 07:59 PM.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Someone got sick on one of the river boats where I work (different boat, same company). He tested positive. They ended up testing the entire crew and I believe 8 out of 9 tested positive. The oldest of the bunch, a captain in his 60's, spent a few days in the hospital, but all are fine now. The entire crew was quarantined in a hotel near where they got off the boat...two weeks I think.
    Last edited by Broncojunkie; 09-17-2020 at 08:18 AM.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd

My brothers wife got it, Then he got it, all kids got it. Buddy got it that was there overnight on July 4th, he almost had to be hospitalized (bad pneumonia developed). I was there also, I tested negative.

My wife just got quarantined with all her work staff, someone tested positive and exposed them at work. Well see it she gets it or not.
    Covid is rampant in the KC area for a long time and hasn't let off.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

Millionaire sport athletes getting sick yet they play on. Hockey players get flu every year.
    Many unknowns on this situation. Need to get together and solve problems.
    Consider the facts from all and make own decisions.
    If a business or situation requires masks or other ppe, i comply and move on.
    Have been avoiding crowds or lines. Always did.

I drove a forklift for many years, figure 20-30,000 hours seat time.
    Seen a lot, had unplanned things happen. Most days- nothing. Incidents go down fast.
    Just like driving cars. If a helmet is required, have no problem with that.
    Safety glasses restricted my vision and hated to comply. Ear plugs restricted hearing.
    But will wear them at home if i feel i need to.
    Every new workday, remembered the past is the past.
    Too late if one lets the guard down, for whatever reasons, and something negative happens.
    Used training and experienced knowledge to stay safe and not take unwise chances.
    Relied on other coworkers and company rules to stay safe and not create a hazardous situation.
    Mgmt sometimes insisted on putting people in harm's way in the name of their interests.
    I refused within my rights and rules. So what?
    So they got others to take the chance and sometimes something bad happened.

Once at a small parts warehouse, late 70's, there were tires way up in a storage rack.
    They wanted me to go up 15' on a fork lifted pallet and hand them down.
    Refused. No safety harness or anything. F that. Guy that volunteered wrenched his back.

Dam tires again. 2009? We stored 1000's of new DTP F-150 tires for a few months at the warehouse.
    Stunk big time. Way worse than a tire store. Most ignored the smell. I could not. Complained to mgmt.
    So brought in my 3M cartridge respirator when assigned in that area. Did not smell that crap. Good masks.
    Got looks, a few laughs. Mgmt prob worried i started something about toxic gassing until they moved the tires out totally.
    I think many were relieved but did not admit that. I did. Forgot about it and moved on. Mgmt treated me fine after.
    Last edited by gr79; 09-17-2020 at 02:47 PM.

FEP Power Member

Well looks like this china virus is going to splinter my family.

the aunt who usually hosts the family Thanksgiving get together just texted everyone that it's off. She's afraid of the stupid virus spreading.

She may not host, but there are others who are NOT pussies who will get together without her

Are cardboard fans in billion dollar stadium's seats and attempt at crowd noise accepted as a virtual like live game?
    Bowling is still popular in Detroit even when half of the houses from the past are gone.
    Recently they reopened here with restrictions. No mask when at lanes.
    Are portable alleys trailered to a house a new trend for the well off like an online shopping delivery?

IPA Isopropyl alcohol in a bottle. Or used to be.
    Most is diverted to make gel sanitizer and more profit?
    Tons of pump bottles everywhere in stores.
    Can't clean anything with smelly gel except skin.
    https://www.gep.com/blog/mind/isopro...tants-industry

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast