Close

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

From what I've seen and read, the latest variant, Omicron, is less virulent and more contagious than the previous one, Delta. That's actually a good thing. Omicron should supplant Delta over time and we'll be left with a virus that's more akin to a common cold, symptom-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by gmatt View Post
    From what I've seen and read, the latest variant, Omicron, is less virulent and more contagious than the previous one, Delta. That's actually a good thing. Omicron should supplant Delta over time and we'll be left with a virus that's more akin to a common cold, symptom-wise.
    Thats what they say, not what im seeing in the hospital. ICU and people on vents are as high as it was during the peak surge, if not higher.

About half of the patients are fully vaccinated.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0

From the St. Louis Covid task force.......

"As far as how many of those hospitalized patients were vaccinated, the task force had data from three of their hospitals, which showed 29% of the COVID-19 patients are fully vaccinated."

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Quote Originally Posted by webestang View Post
    From the St. Louis Covid task force.......

"As far as how many of those hospitalized patients were vaccinated, the task force had data from three of their hospitals, which showed 29% of the COVID-19 patients are fully vaccinated."
    Not trying to stir the pot, but just keep in mind the term "Fully Vaccinated" is a constantly changing description. The latest new term is "Up to Date on Vaccination" which means that you have all your shots, plus any and all boosters as deemed needed by the powers that be.

So "Fully Vaccinated" may not include those that are vaccinated, but not up to date on all the additional boosters. Seeing this with my staff that work at other hospitals and with some of the local companies that are mandating vaccines.

Besides as it has been said before, you can prove anything with statistics.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Not to stir either but now the Admin and CDC are saying two shots = fully vaccinated. Problem is that won't let you get aoff a plane in the EU.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    Albert Einstein

1984 20th Anniversary GT350
    Almost "Stock"

So, are we going to attempt to booster shot the entire world population every 3-6 months then? Doesn't seem plausible.

So, are we going to attempt to booster shot the entire world population every 3-6 months then? Doesn't seem plausible.
    But it sure does look promising for shareholders.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Not trying to stir the pot, but just keep in mind the term "Fully Vaccinated" is a constantly changing description. The latest new term is "Up to Date on Vaccination" which means that you have all your shots, plus any and all boosters as deemed needed by the powers that be.

So "Fully Vaccinated" may not include those that are vaccinated, but not up to date on all the additional boosters. Seeing this with my staff that work at other hospitals and with some of the local companies that are mandating vaccines.

Besides as it has been said before, you can prove anything with statistics.
    Good points. I asked my buddy's wife about her hospital (she's in the ER) and she said that at least 90% there for Covid are un-vaxed. I'm just glad my Nephew made it through OK but it would have been nice to see him for X-Mas.

Scotty
    Past Pony's.....

Quote Originally Posted by webestang View Post
    Good points. I asked my buddy's wife about her hospital (she's in the ER) and she said that at least 90% there for Covid are un-vaxed.
    I have a friend who is an ER nurse and he said the same thing. I also have a buddy who's wife works at the same hospital and she said it's bs. I don't really believe anything I hear these days.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Oh boy. My two photo lab rats I work with have it, they both had a cough for a few days now. I do work mostly in another room. I think I'll try and get a home test on the way to work tomorrow. I have no symptoms and no fever. If I got it, then I guess the company would have to shut down the photo lab. Oy.

Scotty
    Past Pony's.....

My wife's brother and his wife were sick last week. Mild symptoms only for a couple days. My youngest son attended a New Year's party, 3 of the attendees tested positive a couple days later, but my son never got sick.

I don't understand the reason behind getting tested if you are not sick and have no symptoms.

What difference does it make to you if you test positive but don't get sick?

That's why the numbers are so inflated. Everybody who tests positive is listed as having the disease even if they never get sick at all. And of course anybody who dies, no matter what the cause, if they test positive they are listed as covid deaths even if they never had any covid symptoms.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

Vax passports required to do so many things now.
    Which makes zero sense since vaxxed people can still get/transmit covid.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

No, not at all............

Name:  jabs.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  51.8 KB
    86 Capri, 5.0, 5Spd, A9L QH/BE, 47 lb Inj PMAS 3" MAF, Single T44 Turbo, Front Mount IC, TW170,
    Stock Cam, Explr Intake/TB, 1.7 Rockers, CF dual friction clutch, 3" DP, 2.5" full Exh, 3.27, 11.932 @ 115.78
    84 LTD, 331-10:1, TW170/Exprl Intake, 47 lbs inj/80 mm LMAF, Full Duals, Quarterhorse, Vortech 7PSI, Lentech AOD, 5 lug Mk VII brakes/rear, Eibach Sway bars, Cobra HB (dads ride, but I fix it )

My nurse and my doctor in our clinic both got Covid last week. Both are "fully vaccinated with boosters" My nurse is in her mid 60's and is doing ok, but not feeling well for over a week. No hospitalization, ICU, ER, etc. but definitely taking the full 10 days to recover. My doctor is mid 40's doing about the same, but maybe a bit better.

My Phlebotomist got it after Thanksgiving last year and took a solid week to get over it. She is not vaccinated and she is early 60's. I had it after Halloween and it took a solid week to start to feel better. The headache was the worst part for me. The rest was mild flu symptoms at worst. Same with my wife. Neither of us are vaccinated. My youngest daughter caught it from us and was not feeling well for about a day and half. After that was perfectly fine and symptom free. My eldest daughter caught it late spring last year and it took her over a week to get back to normal. None of my daughters are vaccinated either.

So what does all of that mean . . . Who the heck knows. At this point if you feel you are at risk and the "vaccines" will help, then get them. If you are relatively healthy without compromising health issues and don't want to get the "vaccines" then don't! At this point they are not technically a vaccine as admitted by Pfizer's own CEO. They are a Therapeutic and should be treated as such. They do not prevent the spread, they do not prevent infection, and their long term efficiency in either regards is measured in months and sometimes weeks. We are not going to wipe this out, we are going to have to live with it and develop natural immunities to it so it's considered no worse then the Flu is every winter for the average person. Most its a inconvenience and annoying, those that are in poor health, elderly, have immune compromising issues, etc. it can be deadly.

Soap Box Off! My best wishes to everyone. I pray that we all stay safe and healthy and get through this as soon as possible.
    Last edited by wraithracing; 01-19-2022 at 08:53 AM.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

At my work about 30% out with covid and my sister's mother in law passed away last week from covid.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The Mrs and I were both very sick Feb 2020. This was before C-19 was a common thing. We both recovered after approx. 2 weeks in bed and haven't been sick since. Is this a fluke? I have no idea.

The CDC changed the definition of "Vaccine" so their jabs could be included. All the while you can NOT get an approved shot since they have no plans to make it available in thee country any time soon. Look at the vials they do not have the vaccine name on them only "Covid-19".

I hope the best for all out there that have or will become sick and I will do everything in my power to prevent the spread short of getting an unknown non effective shot..
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    Albert Einstein

1984 20th Anniversary GT350
    Almost "Stock"

I find it odd that everyone I know who has decided not to get the jab doesn't care if others decide they do want it. Free will, right? But a lot of those who do get the jab think everybody should be forced to get it. These are the people who think they are always right and if you don't see things as they do then obviously you are ignorant of the "facts".

I think the public safety aspect of the argument has been debunked now that it's common knowledge that vaccinated people can still transmit the virus. So why does anyone care if I decide I don't want the vaccine? Who is affected by that decision other than me?

At this point I think it's clearly not about public safety, but instead it's about control of said public. You will do as I say. End of story.

Maybe it's just me but I think about a line in a Beatles song "I look around me and I see it isn't so". I see nothing resembling the sickness and death described by the media where I live and I'm told our county has one of the highest non-vaccinated rates in the state.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

Interesting video. It pertains to the UK, but statistically the US probably is similar. The CDC seems to be moving in this direction also. The director recently said 75% of deaths from c19 involved at least 4 co-morbidities.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UHv...r.JohnCampbell

Glad I saw my Mom at her retirement comm last Sunday, they locked down the place again due to a worker that tested positive.

Scotty
    Past Pony's.....

Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    I find it odd that everyone I know who has decided not to get the jab doesn't care if others decide they do want it. Free will, right? But a lot of those who do get the jab think everybody should be forced to get it. These are the people who think they are always right and if you don't see things as they do then obviously you are ignorant of the "facts".

I think the public safety aspect of the argument has been debunked now that it's common knowledge that vaccinated people can still transmit the virus. So why does anyone care if I decide I don't want the vaccine? Who is affected by that decision other than me?

At this point I think it's clearly not about public safety, but instead it's about control of said public. You will do as I say. End of story.

Maybe it's just me but I think about a line in a Beatles song "I look around me and I see it isn't so". I see nothing resembling the sickness and death described by the media where I live and I'm told our county has one of the highest non-vaccinated rates in the state.
    There is more evidence all the time that vaxer's more easily get COViD than unvaxers (even if their bad outcomes are less, % wise). Makes sense, since it's estimated almost half of the US have natural immunity from COVID at some point over the past 2 years (even if you had zero symptoms). Your body is going to produce a more broad immunity, fighting off something it has no idea what it is, vs a vax that more narrowly forces your body to fight off a single varient.
    86 Capri, 5.0, 5Spd, A9L QH/BE, 47 lb Inj PMAS 3" MAF, Single T44 Turbo, Front Mount IC, TW170,
    Stock Cam, Explr Intake/TB, 1.7 Rockers, CF dual friction clutch, 3" DP, 2.5" full Exh, 3.27, 11.932 @ 115.78
    84 LTD, 331-10:1, TW170/Exprl Intake, 47 lbs inj/80 mm LMAF, Full Duals, Quarterhorse, Vortech 7PSI, Lentech AOD, 5 lug Mk VII brakes/rear, Eibach Sway bars, Cobra HB (dads ride, but I fix it )

I will absolutely NOT be getting vax'd. I have MANY reasons why. Some of them are simple and some are personal experience.

For those who don't know, I'm a Marine Corps veteran. I deployed for Desert Storm and Somalia. I was given multiple vaccinations before deploying. One of which was the Anthrax vaccine. Many veterans of my generation including many from the Iraq/Afghanistan campaigns have experienced side affects that have been traced to the Anthrax vaccine we were all injected with. On top of that, I can list dozens of scenarios where the government hasn't had the health of The People as priority one. Regardless of your political affiliation, anyone who trusts that mess that is the federal government is a chump.

I got Covid in September of 21. My son brought it into the house and infected my wife and I. Fortunately my daughter is away at college and wasn't infected. My son who is 16 was fine in 2 days. My wife felt like she had a cold and worked from home the entire time with zero issues. It hit me a little harder but I was fine. I spent a few days home sitting on the couch just dead tired but that was it.

Honestly during the entire "pandemic" I never followed any of the rules or obeyed that ridiculous lockdown. I went to work every day and never wore a mask. Not to sound like a jerk but I didn't fight in 2 wars to cower in fear over a flu.

Local news here in Detroit area has been doing live coverage of Canadian trucker vax protest.
    Noticeable how Canadians smile gathering in these peaceful protests. Americans tend to be the bitter opposite.

Windsor Ont. at the Michigan/Canada border bridges has US/Canada supply chain pretty much shut down.
    They do have emergency lanes open over there.
    RV campers, firewood, warming and food tents. Fuel cans and supplies causing havoc.
    The Canadian tow co's have refused to do that. Boy they better not call any stateside ones to go over there.
    Detroit/Windsor Tunnel is open but is too small for big trucks. Rail, air freight may have increased shipments somewhat.
    Dunno about the many trash and garbage loads they bring over to Mich landfills for disposal.

Worked at a big warehouse. GM Powertrain was main customer.
    We had trucks from Canada delivering parts to/from the warehouse daily assigned scheduled window times.
    Hauled Canadian factory sourced parts or cut thru Canada enrote to NY Delphi.
    Drivers were not allowed out of our waiting area onto the floor except for restroom.
    There were nice tables there so they ate lunch or nap.
    Their tractor keys were held in office for dock safety during their visit.
    No close contact with them. Only close contact was at office window for paperwork.
    Heck they are driving in cab solo most of their work hours.
    Even at the border crossing plazas, there is not really much if any close contact with other humans.

Rarely did the engine plant shut down due to parts shortage.
    Warehouse had at leat 5 days production worth of parts.
    Had weeks of finished engines stored for the plants.
    If shortages occurred, production was slowed down.
    Once things got back to normal, plant may schedule ot to replenish inventory bank.
    Auto industry supply chain is monitored very closely and constantly.
    Dunno about food or home item part of chain other than its prob not nearly managed that close.

One of my coworkers just got it again. He was out of work for close to 6 months last time. Apparently this time they are going to do an IV treatment series early in so hopefully it is much easier for him to get over.
    He's a bit younger than me, maybe 50? 48?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Had it last week, since I'm vaxed it was just a head cold. But had to use 5 vacation days so I could get paid from staying home from work.

Scotty
    Past Pony's.....

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast