Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Quote Originally Posted by TNT View Post
    Well looks like this china virus is going to splinter my family.

the aunt who usually hosts the family Thanksgiving get together just texted everyone that it's off. She's afraid of the stupid virus spreading.

She may not host, but there are others who are NOT pussies who will get together without her
    I am afraid we will have similar issues with my in laws. Our little valley of 150K people has had less than 100 confirmed cases with only 1 death of an 83 or 87 year old woman, but they are still freaked out over it. Didn't come to their daughter's 50th B Day party with a small group of close friends as it was too dangerous. Haven't personally seen them face to face in almost 2 months. Unfortunately none of the current data and information seems to change their mindset that this is the Black Plague of 2020. I get they are both in their 70's, but they are healthy, active, and generally at low risk here in our area. Of course, they have no problem going RVing with their group of friends all over the state and others, because they stay in their little quarantine group. We won't discuss that at least 3 or 4 of the group have been diagnosed with COVID this year. I love them both, but surprised how they continue to respond in such a illogical and panic stricken way, I truly thought they were more intelligent than this. Oh, well!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Ongoing RestoModification
    1984 SVO Awaiting Restoration
    1986 GT Wrecked by PO, but still want to save!

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Underway
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Power Member

The oldest living member of my family isn't even 70.

The ONLY case among the 30 some people who would attend was sick in early June and has made a FULL RECOVERY. He's under 40 and back to work now.

The county where most of the family lives and where the get together usually is has cases declining so much that they're starting to open EVERYTHING NOW! So by Thanksgiving they'll most likely be able to go to a gym, see a movie in a theater, and eat INSIDE a restaurant.....but this stupid aunt still buys the propaganda and is trying to cancel it.

Thoughts to keep us healthy to work on and enjoy our cars.
    Wonder if our attitude and perspective owning 4 eyes helps get thru these times health wise?
    Car survival. Preservation. Persistence. Awareness. Weighing options. Seeking detailed info on subjects.

Vaccinations:
    During the recent holiday get together, we recalled sugar cube polio inoculations in 60's grade school.
    Please this story link is for fact, not political anything whatsoever or news channel bios crap:
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/23/opini...nch/index.html
    Did the swine flu shot once. Doc made me stay 30 minutes for observation. Never again.
    Did get a tri combo booster while back. During routine exam, asked doc what work related shots are suggested.
    Tetanus, pneumonia, and something else upper left arm. Ok. Peace of mind.

Doctors and mechanics. Both not cheap. Finding something wrong during visit. We are mostly DIY.
    Watching oil pressure and BP. Monitoring temperatures. Making sure of plenty of fluids.

Adrift in uncharted territory?
    Geez now one person gets 19'ed every 30 sec?
    19 is real believe do not ignore or let peer pressure affect personal or community health.
    How to interpret stats and react is up to the individual. Proactive vs reactive.
    Are asymptomatics, subclinicals a problem, transmitting virus undetected possibly silent drivers?

Impaired self-awareness is denial, an interesting topic. Not always about addictions, etc.
    https://psychcentral.com/lib/are-you-in-denial/

50% tested + do not show symptoms.
    Everyone around here, in stores, etc wear masks and sanitize. No big deal.
    If someone is wearing ppe driving car, thats ok more power to them.
    Social distancing varies.
    The virus is coming from somewhere.
    Personally, no family or friends have gotten sick.

Stats from my zip code of 15,587 residents, April to current date.
    Timeline to reach 100 cases here:

April 1 to Aug 1 (4 months)= 100 cases
    Aug 1 to November 1 (3 months) = another 100 cases (total 200)
    November 1- November 18 (18 days) = another 100 cases (total 300)
    As of December 3= total 381 cases 8 dead.

Wife had it 3 weeks ago. She did her darndest to pass it to me before the diagnosis came in. I tested a week later and was negative. We ate, watched the tube, cleaned house, everything but sleep together after she was confirmed. I never had a single symptom. For something so easy to catch, I have butterfingers.

Quote Originally Posted by mudgepondexpress View Post
    Wife had it 3 weeks ago. She did her darndest to pass it to me before the diagnosis came in. I tested a week later and was negative. We ate, watched the tube, cleaned house, everything but sleep together after she was confirmed. I never had a single symptom. For something so easy to catch, I have butterfingers.
    Nope. It's not you. The whole thing is a giant overblown scam on the American people. I am not saying it is not real, it most certainly is. Just like the flu that's been around forever. You can certainly die from it. Not anywhere close to as many people have as the reported statistics would lead you to believe, but it's possible. It's also possible to die from taking Advil. 16,000 people in the USA do every year.
    Liberty once lost is lost forever.

John Adams
    July 7, 1775

FEP Member

I'm pretty sure I had it this time last year. Lasted about 2-3 days then I was back to normal. I do know a few friends and their kids had it. Everyone survived without much incident. Symptoms described as mild flu to moderate but were fine in 5 days or so. Yes, they were tested as positive.
    I personally know of no one that has died from it but people with poor health and other disorders may have much greater issues with it.
    BTW, I do not wear a mask nor do I distance. Will I take the vaccine? No. YMMV

Stayed up all night Sunday watching the live video feed from Pfizer.
    Rare sight to see a pack line and a shipping dock live on tv.
    Laughed at all the employee procedure and visitor fact boards, and many bystanders watching trailer loading.
    Would be distracting and a no fun shift with millions of eyes watching every move.
    Their midnight pack line did not waste time leaving at shift end.
    Could not believe the very long delay to release the loaded trucks.
    Defiantly not the same as an everyday auto industry JIT type pace.

mRNA type vaccines:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00502-w

https://www.nature.com/articles/nrd.2017.243

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2020121021599

major players and notables:
    https://www.statnews.com/2020/11/10/...-vaccine-race/

Facts:
    https://horizon-magazine.eu/article/...ne-safety.html

https://www.genome.gov/genetics-glos...bonucleic-Acid
    Last edited by gr79; 12-28-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567