Close

Default Nice 85GT Troy, Michigan

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8846839293485/

I知 actually trying to purchase this car but the seller ignores me when I tell him I知 from out of state. He may be elderly and unaccustomed to long distance buyers. I知 posting this link in the hopes that someone could check it out and orchestrate the purchase (for a fee) or otherwise maybe someone local buys it for themselves since the seller stops responding when I tell him I知 not local
    82 Mercury Capri - 11.99 @ 112, AFR headed Mountaineer motor
    86 Mustang LX Coupe - the original Coyote swap 4-eye. Gone but not forgotten!

Very very nice example of an 85. The engine bay looks like it has a lot less miles than the 78K. The color and the auto are a killer for me. Had a white car...once.

Not that experienced with sellers on facebook (don't have an account), but if they are similar to sellers on Craigslist, it's no wonder why he's not getting back to you. I've talked to sellers on CL all the time, and sometimes, not all the time, the seller will instantly stop talking to you once they realize you're not local. Not even an explanation. That's their right I guess, but you would think that when you post something on the internet or on FB, that you just might get interest from someone who is a little farther than around the corner.

Start a message thread in the "General BS" section on the website here. Post that you're looking for someone local to Troy, Michigan. More guys look at that section than this one.

Good luck!
    Last edited by tbirdman; 03-06-2020 at 12:31 PM.
    If they take my stapler, then I'll set the building on fire...

85 Mustang GT

I'm local, can go check it out for you.. buying it though would cost me my marriage though!
    1968 mustang, 1986 mustang gt... One done, one still slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy81 View Post
    I'm local, can go check it out for you.. buying it though would cost me my marriage though!
    I'll send you a PM. I certainly wouldn't want to cost anyone their marriage lol. I bought my 86 LX in Tulsa, OK and drove it back to California. But now in the middle of winter, and with a newborn, I can't drive across country like that (nor do I want to considering shipping winds up being the same and lower chance of wrecking on the way back).

It's strange even in this day and age people are somehow scared off by a proper english speaking person who is genuinely interested in the car they've had for sale and listed for months? To me that would be a shoe-in for the ideal buyer LOL. I'm trying to replace the white 85GT that was wrecked in 2004 and that I dearly loved. Auto doesn't bother me at all since I'm a bit older now and I have plans for the car that would involve a newer automatic anyways.

Name:  PICTURE_137.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  253.1 KB

Name:  IMAGE1.JPG
Views: 195
Size:  76.0 KB

FEP Senior Member

I've bought several cars long distance (like across the country long distance). CL sellers (no experience on FB) can be extremely flakey. Sometimes they'll just stop responding completely with no explanation. I've had that happen several times and this was after they knew I was not local (I always disclose that on first contact to get it out of the way). Can't even respond and tell me the car is sold or whatever else may have happened (oftentimes the ads are still up). You just have to move on, but I understand you wanting to put some extra effort into this one. It looks like a nice clean car. Good luck!
    '89 XR-7 5 Speed
    '95 SC 5 Speed
    '91 Crown Vic P72 351W
    '97 Thunderbird
    '85 Ford LTD Squire

Chris, he is out of town till tomorrow, I will stop by there on the way home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy81 View Post
    Chris, he is out of town till tomorrow, I will stop by there on the way home from work.
    Thanks!

Hey Marc, were you able to see the car yesterday?

Sent you a PM. It is clean.