Close

Default MYZEPHYRS WEB SITE Going dark.

Go Daddy says my website has too many files. I have unlimited storage that can be used, but they say the files are loo many and some are too large. Also that my site slows down other sites on the server. Don't have a clue what they are talking about. A smaller plan than the one I use has 100 GB of storage and I only use 17 GB.
    To make a long story short, they said I must get a new plan that only has 60 GB storage and pay $96 a year more than I am now. This is something that I am unwilling to do and cannot afford. They are nuts.
    So on March 5th my website will be gone and all links to pictures posted will vanish. Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Will be looking for a new solution in the meantime.
    If you need any manuals from my site you need to get them by Thursday evening.
    Lots of FREE F/Z info on my site.
    http://myzephyrs.com

Aw, that's a bummer. That site is a great resource!
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

You can build your own server for about $35 (Rasberry Pi Zero W kit) and host it on your own network for free. I've been doing it that way for years.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?168929

I just moved to a RPi Zero W.
    Name:  20200305_124727.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  208.7 KB
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 03-05-2020 at 12:48 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChassis View Post
    You can build your own server for about $35 (Rasberry Pi Zero W kit) and host it on your own network for free. I've been doing it that way for years.
    Name:  20200305_124727.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  208.7 KB
    OK, I will try that. Thanks. I have a little Dual Core Atom machine that was being used for streaming in the kitchen.
    Have not used it in a while so I will convert it and try it. Seems like there is lots to read and learn to make it all work.
    I wonder how it will work with all my pictures?

I suggested Rasberry Pi as it is very inexpensive to buy and run. If you're trying to shave costs use what you have. You will just need server software that is compatible with the operating system on your existing machine. I used Apache before but now use nginx. There are others. Not sure what work is involved to get them to run on Windows but Windows does have IIS. I have used that before many years ago on a Dell server running Windows Server edition operating system.
    Last edited by FoxChassis; 03-05-2020 at 11:36 PM.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

Well the site seems to be running now, I think it’s a great site and I have used it already and your site has helped me a lot!
    Thank You!
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Well the site seems to be running now, I think it’s a great site and I have used it already and your site has helped me a lot!
    Thank You!
    Yes, the site is back up. But the Car Show portion is not. If I do add this again, there will only be pictures of current shows.
    That will be removed a year after the show. I get mail from all over asking me to attend certain shows so I hated to lose this feature.

Thanks for your interest in my site.
    Lots of FREE F/Z info on my site.
    http://myzephyrs.com

glad to see you back on
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Thanks for keeping your site up & running. Great resource!