Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Got up early this evening before work and decided to wash the car. Four years of weather abuse and neglect was tough to get off. lol. Its not perfect but it's definitely an improvement.

Name:  20200302_184103.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  135.9 KB
    Name:  20200302_184108.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  140.0 KB
    Name:  20200302_184044.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  144.4 KB
    Name:  20200302_184052.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  128.8 KB

That cleaned up nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a little update on the the ol car. I changed the spark plugs from the Bosch double plat to motorcraft copper and put ford racing 9mm wires on. Changed the Accel super stock ignition coil to the msd blaster 3. The accel was broken at the top. Installed the new radiator with new clutch fan and fan shroud. It had an aftermarket flex blade fan on it with no shroud. Got a rebuild kit coming for the carb. Just going to keep the carter and rebuild it, may have to change the jets, not sure yet. It’s coming together slowly but surely.

Looking good!!

Welcome aboard, nice looking ride and a great forum for a build. I'm running a 570 holley on my 84. I'm actually thinking about switching to a edelbrock. I swapped mine temporarily and was a lot happier with the edelbrock throttle response. The Holley was just rebuilt by a local shop and I don't know how much I feel like messing with it. Anyway, that's fodder for a different thread. I bought a new radiator when I got mine but what solved my high temp ended up being a new fan clutch. Keep us updated on your build.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

been a while since I posted. But, the car is running great. just put a new fuel pump and oil pressure sending unit on it. I think my next project is going to be trying to tackle some of the wiring under the hood. Got some bad plugs and exposed wire that I found while working on the car recently. I want to find a donor wiring harness and do a wire tuck in it to clean it up. Fixed a power steering leak while I had everything out of the way also.

Name:  oilsend.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  68.0 KB

Name:  plug.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  97.9 KB

As you can see in the picture, the plugs is in bad shape, the wires in worse.

Probably should start planning to buy a universal type aftermarket harness or roll your own. You probably won't find any donor harness in any better shape probably.

I've done a ton of rewiring on my 85 including getting rid of all the fusible links and putting a later model fuse/relay center under the hood. I've got a thread on here that details some of it.
    1985 GT, Sunroof, 5 Lug, Rear Discs, 01 Graphite Bullets, 88 forged piston shortblock, 2.02/1.60 Alum heads, Weiand Stealth, Holley C950 TBI, BBK Long tubes

Quote Originally Posted by droopie85gt View Post
    Probably should start planning to buy a universal type aftermarket harness or roll your own. You probably won't find any donor harness in any better shape probably.

I've done a ton of rewiring on my 85 including getting rid of all the fusible links and putting a later model fuse/relay center under the hood. I've got a thread on here that details some of it.

cool. I’ll take a look at it. Got a link for it? So I don’t have to search lol

Quote Originally Posted by droopie85gt View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Matt85Fox View Post
    cool. I’ll take a look at it. Got a link for it? So I don’t have to search lol

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...W-w-Holley-EFI

p.p Drews New Zealand Goodwill Ambassador.

Well, I was able to get the 17” cobra r wheels off a trade. Got some cool springs on order and rack and pinion to go pick up. When I installed the cobras I found the rack was shot and needs to be replaced. But I have a question. If anyone here is running 17” wheels, what size tires are y’all running. I’m looking at some 245/40 and was just wandering if those would be fine. But on to the pics lol.
    Name:  02B39D40-3A79-461D-AD68-FC9F9FB39D5F.jpeg
Views: 52
Size:  33.8 KB

Congrats on your wheel trade and all your progress. The Mustang is really coming together. I run 17's on most of my Foxes and yes a 245/40/17 will work just fine on 8" wide wheels. The only issue is the 245/40 is shorter than the original 225/60/15's so that requires a speedo gear change depending on what you already have. I would generally recommend a 245/45/17 in most cases since that is a more popular tire used by OEM's right now and often is cheaper than the 245/40. The 245/45/17 is also @ 25.6" in overall diameter which is virtually identical to the 225/60/15. In most cases you don't have to change the speedo gear and you will get a little bit better ride quality over the 245/40.

If you are going for the low look and the other issues are no concerns, then a 245/40 will work just fine. I personally like 9" wide wheels on most of my foxes and often run a 255/40/17 for the added width and it can sometimes be cheaper than a 245/40 since it is a bit more popular. Best of luck with the tires and your repairs.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I just want to throw it out there and I know it's very unpopular, but I like the cheese grater GT tail lights off of the later cars. Years ago I used to see a black 86 GT with gold stripes on it and black cheese graters, your car reminded me of it and I thought it was cool. I also like bubble hatches though so take it for what it's worth, haha.

Cale

Thanks for the input fellas. Yeah I’m trying to get her where I want her. I’ve ordered rear control arms and when they arrive I’m going to put the sve lowering springs and the rear control arms on all at once. I’ve also ordered some lx tails from lmr and they are on the way. I’m stoked. I’ve already replaced the rack and pinion got it squared away. Once I get my tires and all my suspension done I’m headed to the brakes. I’m going to stick with the four lug right now so I’m just going to replace with oem parts. Rotors, pads, drums, and shoes. I know my dad replaced the master cylinder a few years back when he was driving it but I may replace it too. Can I put a new style on there? Like the ones with the plastic reservoir and screw on cap?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12