Close

Default Sold my 85 GT Convertible today...

Well my 85 GT convertible is mine no more. I've owned it since about 1995. One of the last carbed 5.0 5 speeds right before the change over to fuel injected cars. Nothing fancy but was always a good driver and all around fun car. Dumped a lot of money and parts into it over the years including an 8.8 with 3:73 gears.

It's has been off the road since 2005. It needs a new top and a good washing but is in surprisingly good shape with just some minor rust in the rear floor boards. I could've parted it out and made about three times what I sold it for but it's going to a good ( local ) home and will be fixed up. That means more to me even though I'm just about flat broke. What I sold it for doesn't even cover my Home Owners Insurance renewal for 2020.

I'm also regrettably going to have to sell my 86 4E Capri in the coming months. It's 1 of 12 built ( have Marti Report ) and the last one left according to several guys who keep up with that stuff. I will list it here first before anywhere else. I'm not at all happy about it but have no real choice.

Sad days around here.
    86 LX Coupe 4E
    84 SVO Watkins Glen Pace Car 1E
    85 SVO Hertz 4E
    85.5 SVO 2R orig owner
    86 SVO 7B
    66 Fastback
    55 Willys Jeep Overland Wagon

Sad to hear ken, sad to hear about the capri as well. hopefully it will go to a great home as well

Sorry to hear you're having to sell. Hopefully better days ahead and you can get back in the hobby eventually.
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe