Close

New User

Default 89 sunroof gasket?

Have an 89 LX. Need to remove sunroof and weatherstripping to prep for paint job. Any help on best deal on replacement weatherstripping? Any tips on making sure get good seal after doing paint work on roof?

The Daniel Carpenter brand of weatherstripping or Soff Seal brand seem to work best for me in regards to most Fox weatherstipping needs. Not sure if Soff Seal makes the sunroof seal or not, but DC does.

There are two seals, the one on the body under the sunroof that goes over the pinch weld on the sunroof opening. The other is actually on the sunroof glass itself. Make sure both areas are clean of grease, grime, etc. before install. Make sure to seat both seals properly and evenly. Seals need to be at a decent temperature when installing and fitting, so at least 65 Degrees or more IMHO. That should pretty much cover it. Take your time and everything will work great.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller