Close

Default Stock fuel line removal

So going to be removing my stock fuel line on my 84 to run new braided line along with electric fuel pump, filters etc. Never done this before so any tips would be appreciated. Do I need to lower gas tank? Looks like the hard line runs to the tank and then connected to rubber hose. Do I just disconnect line from rubber hose and run braided from the hose? Also I believe the carbed 84 had a return line. Is that needed if I'm running a electric pump( holley black)?
    Thanks
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

The Tank needs to come down. Remove all the rubber lines and hard line. You need a fitting to convert from the stock pickup to AN line.

Quote Originally Posted by badnightrain View Post
    The Tank needs to come down. Remove all the rubber lines and hard line. You need a fitting to convert from the stock pickup to AN line.
    Thanks, do I need to run a return line?
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

You will need to regulate the pressure way down for the carb. Run a return from the regulator to the tank. 6psi from the regulator to the carb.

Quote Originally Posted by badnightrain View Post
    You will need to regulate the pressure way down for the carb. Run a return from the regulator to the tank. 6psi from the regulator to the carb.
    Thanks, that's what I will do. Does it matter if I use same size hose for return? I'm using 6an.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Guess my next question is what's the best way to remove stock lines from where it runs into passenger side wheel well? Do I need to remove tire and wheel well plastic? Dont really care to much about keeping stock lines. If I can get em out easy then I will if not I dont mind cutting them.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt