Close

Default 5.0 history documentary on youtube

5.0 history is fox body. If anyone is interested, Youtube UTG, Uncle Tony's Garage, Tony Diffeo does a discussion with Neil Van Oppre, Evan Smith, Bernie Golick and a handful of the Englishtown, Staten Island people. I was racing Etown during the 5.0 reign. They mention Steve Collison form SuperStock and Drag Illustrated and his Mean Mr. Mustang. I saw it recently and even though it is much benchracing it brought all the memories back. They focus on 1986 and 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by 83gttko View Post
    5.0 history is fox body. If anyone is interested, Youtube UTG, Uncle Tony's Garage, Tony Diffeo does a discussion with Neil Van Oppre, Evan Smith, Bernie Golick and a handful of the Englishtown, Staten Island people. I was racing Etown during the 5.0 reign. They mention Steve Collison form SuperStock and Drag Illustrated and his Mean Mr. Mustang. I saw it recently and even though it is much benchracing it brought all the memories back. They focus on 1986 and 1987.
    Thanks for the info! RIP Bernie
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153

FEP Supporter

Pretty sure this is the link for the vid... Lot's of passion and reminiscing from those guys. It was worth the hour and a half to have a few smiles and laughs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW-QM9mFXPo
    '85 GT

Holy hell. That black on red coupe looks just like mine. I saw this post a long time ago and kept forgetting to come look for it again.
    84 20th Anny 2.3Turbo #1978
    84 Turbo GT 11.70@120MPH 418RWHP
    89 41X Coupe 2200 miles
    96 Mystic Cobra Terminator swap

Great video, thanks for posting the link. I remember salivating for every new issue of MM&FF, read it cover to cover. I still have most of mine from the early 90's. Good memories.
    1979 Indy Pace Car Mustang 302 / 5spd
    1982 Mustang GT T-Top 302 / 4spd
    1986 SVO Mustang - 1C