Close

Default KOOKs #10251400 315W Swap headers advise

I've done a lot of researched online lately regarding 351W swap headers for a Fox Mustang. Everything from Acufab, BBK, MAC "out of business", Hooker slip fit O.K, CPR no info and KOOKS. I am considering the KOOKs 10251400 versus the KOOKs 10212450 stainless.

The KOOKs 10251400 are standard exhaust port flange and are steel. That is great as I have special coating for inside and out of the headers I will coat.

In comparison, the 10212450 require an adapter plate due to the slightly larger primary tubes and are stainless, nice but not needed; as they will be coated and are respectively much more expensive.

I would appreciate any experience folks have had installing and running the KOOKS 10251400 headers.

The car is already configured with a MMS K-member and I have the factory double hump trans mount and also a fab one that is larger and fits the under body closer.

Please advise

Thank you very much.

MAC is out of business? There site is still active
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153

I had ordered a set from the California Temecula location. No answer ever. Called the local police there had them do a check om them. The police called me back and they are, "gone". A small repair shop is there stated the officer who went to the location... BBB rating D-

Wow! I knew they were slow on parts, but didn't know this. We were a dealer for them from the beginning, but stopped buying back in 2005 or so. Sad to hear another fox legend gone. Maybe not a legend, but they were a big part of the 5.0 day's.
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153

I went with BBK. Tight fit. Had to heat and dimple one runner to clear the steering shaft. After that I could remove and install them with the 351w still sitting on the mounts. They work great.