Close

Default Can anyone tell me what these wires go to?

Name:  405042B3-1BCC-41F1-9BDB-ED81906F8F22.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  221.1 KB

I am pulling the engine harness from an 86 because I’m converting it to a carburetor and these wires run from the engine harness all the way across to the driver side of the car but they feel like they’re wrapped around almost everything under the dash.It’s a red wire, a yellow wire and it looks like a tan or yellow with a green stripe. They plug in behind the drivers kick panel. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Underseat fuel pump relay? I seem to remember that connector for some reason.

Kenny

FEP Senior Member

May be power window wires.

Quote Originally Posted by dynodon64 View Post
    May be power window wires.
    I agree power window wires.
    Lots of FREE F/Z info on my site.
    http://myzephyrs.com

I looked up the electricals and Mudge is correct in stating it connects to the fuel pump relay. There is a pdf thats pinned with the 86 electrical drawings, it may help sort things out.

h18a I tried posting a lengthy explanation and directions to rewire to carb and these 3 IMPORTANT wires. If you havn't removed the EEC harness just yet STOP and contact me. I can help with wiring diagrams marked for the conversion and what and how each of these are important.

Default carb fuel pump relay harness

1986 wiring.pdf
    h18a That is the fuel pump relay harness interior disconnect for:
    37 Y -14 "Y" is color Yellow Main power to relay always hot connects to starter solenoid
    97 T/LG - 18 Tan Light Green ECU Ground, Test Port ground
    361R-16 switch power that first goes through inertia switch and then returns as 366 R/BK to relay.
    787 PK/BK to pump.

ALSO 16 R/LG is the key on/run powerName:  Mike357 engine mock up.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  215.2 KB for all this.
    I am going to attach my edited wiring diagram. If interested we can continue to discuss / share the knowledge.

Everyone, please keep in mind that 86 was a transition year at ford and wire colors were different if not odd for 86. So if your gonna, "contribute" comment to the thread regarding wire colors, please keep this in mind.