Close

Default 82 GT pref black or red but NO RED INTERIORS with A/C, sunroof, power windows...

OK, like many I am looking to buy a clone, or as near to as possible, of my High School car. 1982 GT 4 spd black on black with cruise, power everything, moonroof, rear metal louvres... Not looking for something hopped up, but mild upgrades would be ok.

I am flexible on moonroof, but really want a/c and power windows... also, I really dislike the red interior.. so I would have to say no to any car with a red interior.

Lower miles the better, does not have to be mint but clean and drivable. a reconditioned car is OK, as long as it's good work.

Cash in hand for the right car, feel free to contact me with any similar cars. I'd be willing to look at anything but not really interested in the plain jane bodies after 82.. if yours has some ground effects that look good again I'd be willing to discuss.

Have a 1991 Thunderbird Supercoupe with only 50K miles I would also be willing to trade if someone were interested

Location (city and state) required

I'm able to travel out of state for the right car, but to answer the question I am in Rochester, NY ( near buffalo).

Also, I can be contacted at tj@pennyanboats.com

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pennyanguy View Post
    OK, like many I am looking to buy a clone, or as near to as possible, of my High School car. 1982 GT 4 spd black on black with cruise, power everything, moonroof, rear metal louvres... Not looking for something hopped up, but mild upgrades would be ok.

I am flexible on moonroof, but really want a/c and power windows... also, I really dislike the red interior.. so I would have to say no to any car with a red interior.

Lower miles the better, does not have to be mint but clean and drivable. a reconditioned car is OK, as long as it's good work.

Cash in hand for the right car, feel free to contact me with any similar cars. I'd be willing to look at anything but not really interested in the plain jane bodies after 82.. if yours has some ground effects that look good again I'd be willing to discuss.

Have a 1991 Thunderbird Supercoupe with only 50K miles I would also be willing to trade if someone were interested
    Give yourself a good year to find one. The vast majority of '82 GTs had a red interior; either vinyl, cloth, sometimes leather. I knew someone in AZ a few years ago who had a Black/Black cloth '82GT with power windows and locks, just like what you are looking for. I think all it needed was a battery. Fortunately, you are not looking for a Bright Red '82 (read: not Maroon) GT with Recaros, because that might be the rarest of all '82 GT's.
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 01-24-2020 at 11:52 AM. Reason: content added

How rare are the maroon with Recaro's? Mine has T-Tops and 22,000 miles. Are Recaro's that rare, my 80 has them also, but my 81 doesn't (my 83 has the Ford/Recaro's). Attachment 131089Attachment 131090Attachment 131091Attachment 131092

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcity Mustang View Post
    How rare are the maroon with Recaro's? Mine has T-Tops and 22,000 miles. Are Recaro's that rare, my 80 has them also, but my 81 doesn't (my 83 has the Ford/Recaro's). Attachment 131089Attachment 131090Attachment 131091Attachment 131092
    From what I recall, Recaro seats were a very 'pricey' factory option(something like $1,000?) back then. As a result, not a large number were made, yet a very desirable option. What's interesting is that besides Black, Ford offered Recaros in both Blue and Tan! ('80 & '81 Cobra, maybe others). I wasn't even aware of the '80-'81 Blue or Tan Recaros until I joined this site! Now that I think of it, in 1983 the Ford 'Sport Seats' were available in Blue as well, besides Black or Red, and in 1984 'Tan,' besides Canyon Red or Dark Grey.

The Recaros were also available in the Medium Vaquero.

Name:  Recaro Seats.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  289.9 KB

1982 Fabric Color Options

Name:  82_mercury_color_book_15.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  62.6 KB
    Last edited by wraithracing; 01-25-2020 at 09:07 AM.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcity Mustang View Post
    Agreed with comments above. Recaros in 80-82 seem to be rare. I don’t see them very often, especially in colors other than black.

In my opinion, your 82 GT has the most desirable color and options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Present: '84.5 Mustang GT T-top, '06 Mazdaspeed6
    Past: '79 5.0 Capri, '86 Buick GN, '90 Mustang GT, '92 SHO, '95 SHO
    Browse cover pages of my Fox Chassis related library

Motorcity

That red one is gorgeous! As is the black! If you loose your mind and ever want to part with either please contact me!

Motorcity

That red one is gorgeous! As is the black! If you loose your mind and ever want to part with either please contact me!

Motorcity

One day I will sell my entire collection, but am having too much fun driving everything right now. For Foxes I have - 79 Pace car (12,000 miles), 80 Cobra (30,000 miles), 81 Cobra (33,000 miles), 82 GT (22,000 miles), 83 GT (15,000 miles), 84 GT-350 Conv (22,000 miles), 85.5 SVO (47,000 miles), 86 GT Conv (33,000 miles), 89 Saleen Conv (15,000 miles), 90 7-Up Conv (22,000 miles), 92 Summer Edition Conv (12,000 miles), 93 Summer Edition Conv (35,000 miles).

Motorcity

There was a VERY nice one on face book market place that was located in Jackson TN. It was low mileage 17,000 and going for $15,000 IIRC. It Might on CL if not send me a cell number and I'll see if I can forward the FB ad. The only thing is it is a red interior car and a solid roof.
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153

Quote Originally Posted by STL79Coupe View Post
    There was a VERY nice one on face book market place that was located in Jackson TN. It was low mileage 17,000 and going for $15,000 IIRC. It Might on CL if not send me a cell number and I'll see if I can forward the FB ad. The only thing is it is a red interior car and a solid roof.
    I also saw that one. Is that car the brighter red or medium red? Hard to tell from pics.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...5450911056641/
    82 Mercury Capri - 11.99 @ 112, AFR headed Mountaineer motor
    86 Mustang LX Coupe - the original Coyote swap 4-eye. Gone but not forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by lxcoupe86 View Post
    I also saw that one. Is that car the brighter red or medium red? Hard to tell from pics.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...5450911056641/
    It looks like Med red to me, but I would have to check the color code to be sure.
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153