Close

Default 79 pace car front lower air dam on 1983 Capri

I was looking at putting a lower front air damn on my 1983 Capri RS. I see that the 1979 pace car air damn is remade however it looks like the front fenders will also need a filler panel behind it. Anyone know if those are being reproduced? I have several sets for an 85 GT Mustang but I’m pretty sure they are not even close.

if I can not get the fender filler pieces I may go with the Xenon aftermarket part...

Keep in mind there are more parts and pieces to the OEM lower air dam than just the air dam and fender extensions.

Name:  20udedz.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  168.1 KB

The Xenon air dam will an easier install on a stock 83 Capri front bumper cover if the full cover. Only the 1984 RS received the upper bumper cover and lower air dam for the 79-84 Capri models. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I would go with the Xenon for simplicity. but John"s classic cougars reproduces the fender ext on a limited bases. He might actually have some in stock. Going this route you'll be in the $650 range. Plus you'll need the extra pieces as Trey mentioned above.
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153

I have the Xenon to put on my daughter's 83 Capri. A couple of small issues just so you know. It attaches with double sided tape (no big deal) and 2 screws in each wheel lip. It is a tad shorter than the stock one but does come down as low as the rocker panels. The issue that bugs me is the main opening is not big enough to accommodate a normal (old school) style driving/fog lamps. There are only a few that fit, I found some Dick Cepek's that work or you can use the newer eyeball style (Which would look weird),

You do have to grind off some of the molding flash to make it fit the bumper cover right. I used a handle file/rasp (for fitting axe handles) to cut down the flashing fast. There are molding marks and things that will need filling to look right but for the price it is fairly good (not as good as Cervini stuff).

Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by mudgepondexpress View Post
    I have the Xenon to put on my daughter's 83 Capri. A couple of small issues just so you know. It attaches with double sided tape (no big deal) and 2 screws in each wheel lip. It is a tad shorter than the stock one but does come down as low as the rocker panels. The issue that bugs me is the main opening is not big enough to accommodate a normal (old school) style driving/fog lamps. There are only a few that fit, I found some Dick Cepek's that work or you can use the newer eyeball style (Which would look weird),

You do have to grind off some of the molding flash to make it fit the bumper cover right. I used a handle file/rasp (for fitting axe handles) to cut down the flashing fast. There are molding marks and things that will need filling to look right but for the price it is fairly good (not as good as Cervini stuff).

Kenny
    Thanks for the great insights! fog lights were something I intended to do. Do you have any pictures?