Close

Default Need help identifying wires

Hi everyone. I looked for an “introduction” section to post in but couldn’t find it. Anyways, Im new to the Foxbody but not to Mustangs. When I was 5yrs my fathers Lieutenant had an 82 GT Ttop. Since then Ive always wanted one exactly like his. 2 months ago I was able to finally find, and purchase one. Its a beautiful car and damn near mint. I am taking care of the little things that need attention. As I was putting the dual snorkel back on I noticed 3 wires that I cant get any help identifying from FB groups. Searching I found this forum. I read a few other posts and one had a link to wiring diagrams. I looked at it, all I saw was Chinese and I cant read Chinese lol.
    So if someone, anyone, could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. The first one is on the driverside firewall. The other is the passenger side and the third one is the white wire coming out of the alternator harness. All 3 are unplugged. The car was upgraded to a 4bbl, swapped to a T5, Edelbrock Performer intake and is a Non AC car.
    Thanks in advance.

Name:  F28C26A6-9A96-43F7-98E7-03D8BE4E272B.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  415.8 KB

Name:  38639BE8-844E-45F9-A18F-393D6DA5D997.jpeg
Views: 96
Size:  534.3 KB
    Name:  339EEC24-8908-4F47-8D15-37B51D3AACBF.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  245.7 KB
    Last edited by Ttop_Thomas; 01-18-2020 at 11:32 PM.

Cant see any of your pictures so cant tell ya much. I do think that the white wire coming out of your alternator would be the electric choke wire for your carb. I know for my 3g alternator upgrade I had to splice the white on my alternator and add the choke wire to it. Not 100% sure though cause im still learning about all this myself. Lol Maybe someone else can confirm?
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

That makes sense. Thanks.
    also I believe I fixed the photos

FEP Super Member

I think the above poster is correct on the white wire .
    Your other 2 connectors are for the TAB solenoids
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

There is a great link to all early wiring diagrams, it should help you identify the connector.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...79-1986-in-PDF
    There is a great link to all early wiring diagrams, it should help you identify the connector.

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...79-1986-in-PDF

When they switched stuff they must have replaced the wiring harness.
    The ivory plug in pic 3 goes to the pressure switch on the A/C dryer. Which your car would not have.
    So if the car runs great, the other plug/wire are probably not needed on your car.
    Lots of FREE F/Z info on my site.
    http://myzephyrs.com

I appreciate the help!