Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fog Light Help

I'm trying to do both. I need to restore what I believe is a damaged fusible link for the power to relay wire, and get the fog lights to work. Since I'm not that electrically inclined, i would prefer to stay with what is in the car currently set up wise and try to repair. I think I may try doing the replacement wire first, since that doesn't require me digging wiring out of the loom. If that works (and hopefully it should, allowing me to bypass any problems in the wiring from the fusible link to the relay that I can't see), then I know I'm on the right track at least. I'm planning (hopefully) to do my interior, rebuild the engine and paint the engine bay later this year. If I do so, I can work on repairing the harness when it's out of the car, which might be easier.
    If they take my stapler, then I'll set the building on fire...

85 Mustang GT

For some reason or another, fog light wiring is different between 2.3 turbo and 5.0 cars, especially on the engine bay side.

QUOTE=GT350R;1917641]20th Anny GT350 like his. Mine is 2.3t though.[/QUOTE]
    If they take my stapler, then I'll set the building on fire...

85 Mustang GT

I feel once you run that power wire you will get your factory lights to work through the relay and switch.

If it works great - then when you have time try and dig that fusible link out and replace it. With this post going into so much depth of different years, colors, options etc. one thing remains the same:

1 - constant power to the relay
    2 - power to auxiliary post at the relay when fog lamp is switched on

If I would have had those 2 pieces of information when I started, regardless of color, year, options - I would have had it narrowed down significantly. I didn't realize the power was ran from the solenoid to the relay, then back to the fogs (seems like a lot of wire wasted but whatever).

Keep us posted on what you find.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12