Close

Thread: Connector ID?

Default Connector ID?

Looking to see if someone can ID this connector for me? It is located near the top of the passenger side inner fender apron between the firewall and the shock mount. It has four wires going into the top (orange w/ black stripe, blue, green and purple) and 5 wires coming out of the bottom connector (two out of one pin, all black, one with red stripe). The wires coming out of the bottom connector run into a corrugated loom protector, then down into a hole in the bottom of the fender. The wires coming into the top of the connector are taped together and then run into the main harness. It looks like three of the wires, the blue, green and purple, come back out and go into the black connector into the valve that is attached to the back of the shock tower.

Name:  Connector Question.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  143.9 KB

The reason I'm asking is I'm trying to diagnose a fog light problem, and the color of the wire that runs from the fusible link into the relay is also orange with black stripe, which looks to be the same color as the wire that runs into the gray connector. The connector looks to be factory, but I'm not 100% be sure. I've looked at pics of other 85 5.0 engine bays, and it's hard to see if they have the same connector. I've looked through the EVTM and although there are other places where orange with black stripe wiring is used, none of them are near this location.

Thanks for any help!
    If they take my stapler, then I'll set the building on fire...

85 Mustang GT

The grey 4-pin connector is a factory connector. Have the same connector on my car. It's for the altitude compensation/air bleed solenoids located in the passenger fender and should be operated by those vacuum switches on the back of the shock tower. Should be on pg 132 of your EVTM.

Sorry, but they shouldn't have anything to do with your fog light problem.
    Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack

Thanks for the help! When I bought the car, it had an alarm system that I had to remove. I was afraid that I might have missed something, or the previous owner jury rigged something. You answered two questions for me.
    If they take my stapler, then I'll set the building on fire...

85 Mustang GT

Glad I could be of some help. Good luck with your wiring issues, they sure can be a headache.
    Thomas

1985 Mustang GT - Build Thread
    347 (Stock Block, Scat Crank & Rods, Probe Pistons, 11:1 CR, AFR 185's, PP Crosswind Intake, Custom-ground Comp Hyd Roller Cam, Scorpion 1.6 Roller Rockers, Holley 3310-4), T-5, 8.8 w/3.55's, MM SFC's, T/A, PHB, LCA's, Strut Tower Brace, K-Member Brace, Bilstein HD Struts/Shocks, MM/H&R Springs, SN95 5-Lug, Cobra Brakes, '04 Mach 1 Steering Rack