Hello,

First thanks for everyone that is helping me get my Fox back on the road. To see my progress and updates see my thread below:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ersary-Mustang

Now I am tackling some wiring issues that are driving me nuts.

1st what is this in the picture below? It has some sort of closure switch on it and found it laying next to the drivers side valve cover. There is one blue wire and one white wire that goes to the switch and two red wires that go into the main harness that makes its way into the drivers side firewall loom.

Then I have a wire with the shielding partial burnt off. It is Green with a red stripe and a red fusible link that says "Fusible Link 18 GA." There is no power to the wire and appears somebody bypassed it at one time with a wire that connects to the same color Green/Red wire that goes to the firewall, then into the harness on the passenger side - then across the firewall (possibly related to the next topic below):

As mentioned above, this fusible Green/Red wire appears to be bypassed. I have another Green/Red wire that was cut and runs in the wire loom near the voltage regulator to the starter solenoid. I have power when the key is on to this wire, no power with key off.

The voltage regulator has a green/red wire that comes out of the "S" location and is crimped to a red wire, mentioned above, that goes to the firewall, then across to - rejoining the big wire loom - on the firewall.

I feel the two are related but looking for help so I don't have a fire with a hot wire just sitting under the battery.

The car does start so I don't have any issues there just trying to clean up this mess.

Thanks All!

Mike