Close

Default Misc wiring issues/guestions

Hello,

First thanks for everyone that is helping me get my Fox back on the road. To see my progress and updates see my thread below:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...ersary-Mustang

Now I am tackling some wiring issues that are driving me nuts.

1st what is this in the picture below? It has some sort of closure switch on it and found it laying next to the drivers side valve cover. There is one blue wire and one white wire that goes to the switch and two red wires that go into the main harness that makes its way into the drivers side firewall loom.

Then I have a wire with the shielding partial burnt off. It is Green with a red stripe and a red fusible link that says "Fusible Link 18 GA." There is no power to the wire and appears somebody bypassed it at one time with a wire that connects to the same color Green/Red wire that goes to the firewall, then into the harness on the passenger side - then across the firewall (possibly related to the next topic below):

As mentioned above, this fusible Green/Red wire appears to be bypassed. I have another Green/Red wire that was cut and runs in the wire loom near the voltage regulator to the starter solenoid. I have power when the key is on to this wire, no power with key off.

The voltage regulator has a green/red wire that comes out of the "S" location and is crimped to a red wire, mentioned above, that goes to the firewall, then across to - rejoining the big wire loom - on the firewall.

I feel the two are related but looking for help so I don't have a fire with a hot wire just sitting under the battery.

The car does start so I don't have any issues there just trying to clean up this mess.

Thanks All!

Mike

FEP Super Member

Your first picture , i believe is the a/c throttle switch .
    clowns to the left of me , Jokers to the right

Quote Originally Posted by ashley roachclip View Post
    Your first picture , i believe is the a/c throttle switch .
    I removed the switch from the harness, it has the word CHERRY on the black face and from what I can tell 289k-136A then 908 underneath that number. Hope this helps I have no idea what this is:

its been a few years but I think I remember when I removed that throttle kick down switch that is shown in your last picture my ac and alternator stopped working. think I wiring those 2 wires together to make them work.

Figured out the wire in the 2nd picture of my first post - it is the fusible link that goes to the fog lamp relay and supplies constant power. Now if anyone could assist with that weird closure switch that would be fantastic. Where is it supposed to be attached to?

In my 85 RS that switch in the last picture would be the WOT A/C cutout switch. Liv2roc is correct in saying you need to jumper the 2 wires or your AC will not kick in.

Quote Originally Posted by Messe View Post
    In my 85 RS that switch in the last picture would be the WOT A/C cutout switch. Liv2roc is correct in saying you need to jumper the 2 wires or your AC will not kick in.
    I am ok with leaving it on the car, just curious where is it supposed to physically be mounted and what is the purpose of a mechanical closure switch? What does it do?

It mount to the carb, near the throttle linkage.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
    1965 Mustang
    1983 Capri L 5.0
    Present
    1985 Capri RS
    2011 Ford CVPI

it mounts on the carb throttle. it cuts off the ac and alternator at full throttle to give the engine more power.

does anyone have a picture of the mounting location/how it is supposed to be mounted?