Close

Default [Sold] 1986 coupe v6 Barboursville WV

1986 coupe Barboursville WV
    $1500 firm. Will consider full or partial trades on parts. Transmissions, rear ends, bellhousings, aftermarket heads, stand-alone efi systems, nitrous setup....etc

First off, this is a 35 year old car. It is not BY ANY STRETCH OF THE IMAGINATION perfect! I believe the car used to be light regatta blue, but it has had a recent bad paint job. I tried to show that in the pics, but this car is strangely photogenic lol! The paint isn't peeling or anything, but it was obviously done by a beginner. Having said that, a little wet sanding and buffing would probably make it more presentable. The car runs and drives, but I wouldn't suggest taking it far without going through it. I have only moved it around the driveway a couple times since I've owned it the last 8 months or so. The frame rails are clean, from what i could tell. A local guy looked at it today and said the driver's side floor had some surface rust underneath, but nothing that can't be cleaned up. He also said both doors had some rust at the bottom and the passenger door has some bondo under the belt moulding. I'm fairly certain the bondo is because someone replaced the door with an 87+. The belt moulding is different and there are small holes that should be welded up when swapping these model doors. I have a nice spare passenger door that the buyer can have. I'll need to check the driver's side to see if it's rusted. I'm currently out of town, but the wife can take more pics tomorrow. In fact, I'll see if she can get more pics showing the strut towers and underneath the carpet.

The interior is tired, but complete. Probably needs the usual. Seats redone, dash, carpet. There is a large oil stain in the back seat bottom, but I don't recall any tears or excessively worn areas. My plans were to basically gut it and install a cage, but I found a 68 cougar project car, so I'm switching some plans around.

For the most part, this is a straight, 95% rust-free coupe. It's not a cream puff, but it's honest and priced accordingly. I really don't want to get rid of it, but I have 4 other project foxes and the old Cougar will be here this weekend.

Located in Barboursville WV 25504. I don't care to help with shipping logistics, but this is an old car and I prefer potential buyers to see it in person. More pics to follow!

Last edited by Broncojunkie; 01-16-2020 at 09:57 PM.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd

If someone wanted to repair the rear seat, I have some info for ordering nos material that matches.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd

I have a decent set of turbines with nearly brand new tires I would let go with it for an additional $100. I also have a t-top conversion for it ($200) which includes the roof with frame (you only need the roof for getting your measurements for cutting), roof glass, a clean set of vert doors, and a crusty set of t-top doors that have the correct glass.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd

Sold!
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd