Close

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Just delivered my daughter's completed 83 Capri. Last winter she was in a hit and run that thumped the passage quarter and door. New door, decided to paint the whole thing. Took 2 months but she is happy!Name:  IMG_20201031_085542.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  226.4 KBName:  IMG_20201031_151511.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  383.7 KB

Thanks for the pics... now I’m sold on it...

Hopefully in a couple of days, I will have some pics to share of my latest upgrade...

Quote Originally Posted by gt4494 View Post
    Sorry car isn't spotless. Second pic gives a great idea on size difference!!

Attachment 134416Attachment 134417

Restart end of season minor door rocker area body work. Sand bondo, leveling, paint.

Went for weekly drive and tours yesterday. Interesting fun memorable day. Nice clear weather. Voted.
    Afterward, drove to other side of town. Visited four of my old neighborhood schools (voting sites).
    Brief visits to walk around in allowed areas and use the restrooms. On the road most of day..coffee drinker.
    Took a leak at my old kindergarden school restroom. Same blue floor tile. Aint done that there since 1957.
    I spell it garden, not garten. Learned to plant and grow seeds there.
    Former Fairlane Elementary. Ford blue and white theme in building. Ford got me early.
    All schools looked very familiar again and in tip top shape for their age. Same nice gym floor wood.

Yay no more slight miss under boost for several weeks now.
    During routine spark plug check, found #4 plug gap too wide. .040 instead of .034.
    AGSF32CA. 7k all plugs look normal Carb turbo 2.3 recommended plug change is at 12k.

My T-handle is stowed in the console when not using it. Change out with ball every so often.
    Is easy on the palm comfortable to pull and push. Metal gets hot parked in summer sun.
    I see Hurst offers them black anodized.
    Back in the day, Hurst offered colored flocked versions. Black was one of the colors.

Ran the rest of my fuel hose into the engine bay and Installed my aeromotive fuel regulator. Came out all right, not bad for a rookie. Hopefully it doesn't leak. Now to hook it up to carb and figure out how to wire in the relay and switch.
    Attachment 134545
    Attachment 134546
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Hmm, wanted to add more pics of my install but it seems that foureyedpride is not as friendly to pictures as it used to be. Very annoying having to constantly resize pics just to be able to share them. Oh well
    Last edited by Sask84gt; 11-21-2020 at 01:34 PM.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Quote Originally Posted by mudgepondexpress View Post
    Just delivered my daughter's completed 83 Capri. Last winter she was in a hit and run that thumped the passage quarter and door. New door, decided to paint the whole thing. Took 2 months but she is happy!Name:  IMG_20201031_085542.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  226.4 KBName:  IMG_20201031_151511.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  383.7 KB
    How much did the new paint job cost you if you don't mind me asking? It looks great!

Installed the Boost and vacuum gage pod and the last thing is the 255lb pump then I can start her up. I also over the weekend I gave the blower a good polishName:  thumbnail (15).jpg
Views: 235
Size:  224.2 KB
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Connected the last wire today for the Fitech. Well, put a ring terminal on it anyway because you have to prime/fill the pump housing first with the carb fuel pump.
    I'd post a pic, but I get laughed at enough as it is. I wired for function, not form. LOL! Crimp terminals/connections sealed with liquid black tape to seal out moisture. That and/or heat shrink.
    Should be able to test run the motor with the Fitech this week or next once my throttle bracket arrives from LMR.
    Then bleed the brakes again and go for a test drive!
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by NAVYCAT View Post
    Installed the Boost and vacuum gage pod and the last thing is the 255lb pump then I can start her up. I also over the weekend I gave the blower a good polishName:  thumbnail (15).jpg
Views: 235
Size:  224.2 KB
    DUDE!!!!!! Gorgeous work.

I have some things going to get polished, starting Monday. Ford Racing finned valve covers will get fins and lettering polished. Also, getting a new tensioner polished. After they are done, a Cobra upper intake, Explorer lower intake and 65mm throttle body are the next to get shiney. More to follow. Stay tuned.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Received the Master Weatherstrip Kit from FMR for my RST today, ext dew wipes backordered.
    84 Capri RS Turbo
    Vinemont, AL (formerly El Mirage, AZ)
    USAF 1986-2007 (Ret)

Started changing the door electrics and weather stripping today. Electrics were easy enough, the window raising guide bushings were very straight forward.

The old window glass weather stripping was so brittle it came out in 1-3 inches for the most part. It was a pain.

I recommend that people watch the LMR youtubes on changing these items. They are very informative but you have to remember it always looks easier when people who do this for a living do it.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    Albert Einstein

1984 20th Anniversary GT350
    Almost "Stock"

I swapped out my headlight switch because my dash lights and tail lights weren't working. That didn't fix the issue. It ended up being a bad fuse. I checked them though! They all visually looked fine. But.... One of them wasn't fine, it turned out.

Went to a car show in Stanton. About 100 cars this year. Mine was the only Mercury and Fox. And one of 3-6 cylinders.
    Did not win a top 20 this year but have won it twice previously. Started out overcast but the sun came out around 1.
    Nice, inexpensive show. $20 to enter, no goodie bags or free shirts a total change from a few years ago.
    One of the sponsors was a cannabis store but there were no free samples.
    Lots of people could not believe that the car is never covered or garaged.
    First time I have driven it all year (other than around the block once on Friday) ran great.
    Name:  STANTON_2023_1.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  245.1 KB
    Name:  STANTON_2023_2.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  209.3 KB
    Last edited by RED 78'; 05-21-2023 at 11:07 AM.
    Lots of FREE F/Z info on my site.
    http://myzephyrs.com

Re-gapped my plugs last night, made some changes to the tune and the car starts and runs even better than before.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Ya'll are either time travelers, or, you're posting in the wrong thread:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...your-fox-today
    1986 Mustang GT - 2A, 5 Sp
    2018 Subaru WRX (Daily)

Quote Originally Posted by ITdude87 View Post
    Ya'll are either time travelers, or, you're posting in the wrong thread:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...your-fox-today
    I guess my eye sight is shot. That is why I type in all caps most of the time.
    Swear it said 2023 when I clicked on it. Must have been from reading the date on the post above mine.
    Last edited by RED 78'; 05-22-2023 at 04:56 PM.
    Lots of FREE F/Z info on my site.
    http://myzephyrs.com

Default carb mod Holley 2v

moved post to 2023 thread
    geez
    Last edited by gr79; 05-24-2023 at 11:52 AM.

Please note - This is a What did you do in 2020 thread.

If you want to update people on what you did to your Fox in 2023, please use the following thread....

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...highlight=2023

[Stepping down now from the soapbox I was on]
    1985 Mustang GT (Mothballed...Desired restomod parts acquired...Top of my project list for my 2024 retirement!)

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920