Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Those are some really nice arms!
    and nice job on the bushing install!
    Thanks!
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Quote Originally Posted by fredzilla View Post
    After owning my Capri for 34 years. I cleaned and washed it for the last time. Just sold it. 

Wow. I never thought you would sell it! Of course I sold mine years ago. Starting to put together the pieces for my next one, which no longer being married I intend to keep for good this time.
    86 Notch under construction

2011 4Runner Trail edition
    2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650

FEP Senior Member

I'm still plowing away on the black car. Grinding, wire wheeling the floor. There is some super shoddy repair on the back of the seat rails.
    Luckily a buddy had picked up a very clean but smashed 1985 for parts. Going to cut the roof and take the front bumper and fenders for my green car. And the floors for the black car.
    1985 Mustang Canadian Cobra
    It ain't Pretty but it doesn't care

FEP Senior Member

This is the before, yes it is filthy. But grinding off garbage.

The final pic is before I started

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

FEP Power Member Jerry peachuer's Avatar

Name:  20200816_154000.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  350.5 KB

Max motorsport r/t springs with isolators and new ford control arms and cleaned the stock 10 holes
    Wrapped rear in mickey thompson 235 50 15 and the front are goodyears from a garage queen

Rides much better with the springs from stock springs
    All isolators are used as well

I'm thinking of making a set of 18 inch ten holes 1 offs. Have to look into the machine run time and its a simple wheel to duplicate

those wheels and procharger out the stock hood. Possibly water jet my hood for piping clearance so its clean and purposeful cutting
    Then its done as is
    Not looking for forward traction just straight line stabs here n there

Perfect pic car and dog. HS parking lot off Lexington Blvd, car facing NE?
    About 8500' E from our WW cruise viewing spot.
    A lot of good work visual and hidden in that car.

Wonder if this hood was cut with that method?
    Name:  20200812 blown fiero hood 3030.JPG
Views: 278
Size:  17.8 KB
    Last edited by gr79; 08-17-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Thanks gr so tempting to put rowdy motor in it but I enjoy the stockish look as of right now anyhow

Gumball rally 2021 maybe

Installed flywheel and clutch assembly. Getting closer! Maybe the trans and shaft tomorrow.

Tried to install bell housing. Turns out with the motorsport one the stock 2" bolts are too short. Oh well. Back to the store...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by richpet; 08-19-2020 at 09:37 PM.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Dropped off drive shaft to get it checked out and in short its wasted .. the shop is making me a new steel one
    Hopefully have it done by Saturday

Pulled trans and replaced tailhousing bushing and new seal .. new input shaft needs new bushing per the driveshaft shop. Yay !!! Was going to buy the tool to do it while in car but with the covid and mail order stuff it would of taken possibly 6 weeks to get the tool so 3 hours later its out and ready to go back in.
    CCI in Marine City MI if you need anything made
    Super high quality work
    I could of spent 180.00 more for aluminum but eh its near stock power so its better
    than what it currently has

Name:  20200821_213005.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  196.2 KB

1 day service made from scratch.. reused my flange to the diff.. 328.00.. waiting on speedo drive gear for mainshaft to reassemble everything

Thanks for the post good to know. Last time, had drive shafts done in Romulus. Ok 125.00 work but not super.
    Kind of bummed they took the damper off at the trans end of drive shaft.
    That CCI place is within 1/2 mile of where Motor City Dragway was on the other side of 26 mile.

Rerouted boost reference hose to the carb power valve.
    On a hunch, found out it was connected before the turbo since last year. Not correct. Vac only, no boost ref.
    Test was blowing cigar smoke into #1 tree fitting of spare intake manifold to see where it came out of.
    Capped all but one port. Smoke clearly came out of the intake before the turbo. Correct connection is downstream of turbo.
    #1 tree on manifold always has vac from the turbo inlet. Meaning power valve was not opening or not correctly.
    Factory did it that way, but 5200 carb has different design power valve than normal Holley.
    A wide band air/fuel ratio gauge would have caught this right away.
    Don't really get on boost much since carb change. Felt a bit lean on boost for some reason.
    Now is on #4 runner (79 2.3T). This has vac/boost pressure vs vac only of #1 runner vac tree.
    Sensors, waste gate small line, vac/boost gauge, and now carb are connected to #4.

Cross town drive tomorrow to check overall freeway, surface, side street troll speed drive ability, and any mpg change.
    Was running fine, but now pulls even smoother and peppier, especially off the line, during a quick trip to Kroger this evening.
    Was going to up the secondary main jet for kicks but now may be fine. Will see.
    Last edited by gr79; 08-21-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Got the trans in. Then learned the crossmember mounting on an '81 is narrower than '82 up so had to order a cross member.
    Also found out getting the starter installed with a larger oil pan is a bit challenging.

Looks like I have a double hump cross member available for someone.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by richpet View Post
    Got the trans in. Then learned the crossmember mounting on an '81 is narrower than '82 up so had to order a cross member.
    Also found out getting the starter installed with a larger oil pan is a bit challenging.

Looks like I have a double hump cross member available for someone.
    one step forward, one step back
    sounds familiar hahaha
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Hooked up my upper brake hose bracket on my 84 and ran my new brake line from the existing line on passenger side over to the bracket. Should have no issues with dual exhaust now. Woot! Looking at pics I now regret not painting the line. Lol oh well no one will see it.
    Attachment 133818
    Attachment 133819
    Attachment 133820
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

That looks great, nice job!
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Was able to get my rearend installed today. Got it back from the shop a few days ago, they installed the diff and the ring and pinion.
    The shop did a great job, they were very knowledgeable and it was only $400 which is on the cheaper side for this area. One reason it was cheap is because I just dropped off the housing, so there wasn’t a car tying up a bay, they put it on the bench and worked on it between jobs.
    The guy recommended adding the gear oil, then tilting the housing to let the gear oil run down one tube to the wheel bearings, then the other side.
    Installed diff girdle, lube locker gasket went on nice and no leaks yet. No interference with gas tank or spare tire well.
    i am using the Team Z street beast double adjustable rear control arms with spherical bearings in the housing. Team z drag springs and prothane isolators are in. I need to get some mounting bolts for the shocks tomorrow, and make the brake lines from the tee to the soft caliper lines, and that should wrap up the rearend install. Excited to get this finished up, then I can turn the car around and start planning out the engine and trans install.

FEP Senior Member

Before and after. Car is slowly getting better.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Was able to get rear brake hard lines made and installed. Sourced shock mounting hardware. Got everything on the rear buttoned up. Just need to bleed brakes.
    the rear springs I am using ended up lowering the car about an inch and a half. I like it.

This weekend I Recurved my distributor. I drive solely on LPG. Carb is gone.
    What an improvement:
    Car starts by only turning the key. Even cold.
    And driveability has never been this good either. Faster too.
    And I'm not done yet. Can 't see the timing marks and reach the throttle lever at once. To be continued with help of a friend.

Second achievement:
    When I was fiddling with the stationary engine speed l noticed the kickdown lever was adjusted perfectly. Strange, because the kick down never worked right. Reason: Whith the pedal to the metal the throttle wasn't fully opened. When I installed my RPM airgap intake with Holley throttle plate I put the original cable bracket on the supplied bracket that came with the intake. You must mount it on the back hole only apparently. Not on both. Now I got kick down instead of upshifts at 2900RPM.
    The old rustbucket was never this fast. Never saw 4500 RPM before. Couldn't get it over 3100 or so with the 2.47 rear gear due to speed limit and traffic.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ALE-L21 met Tapatalk

Still trying to figure out my next winter project. The car needs paint badly, but I dig driving a car that looks like crap but runs/drives like a dream.

If I don't paint it, I may order some TW 11R 170's, have the current lower intake ported, custom cam and MAF swap.

Decisions.....
    Jeremiah

1986 Mustang GT 5spd, 3.27's
    PimpXS ECU/Android Single DIN Touchscreen
    SN95 Cobra Brakes/SN95 Front LCA's/Axles/S197 Wheels
    1998 Explorer Engine/Stock HO Cam 281rwhp/326rwtq

Finally worked on a Fox for the first time in almost a year. I put a spare 8.8 under my 84 RS to make it mobile once again. Nothing fancy or exciting, but it no longer sits on my big jack stands.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

On hold doing anything as we are a level one evacuation notice. Not sure when I will be out there again. All that smoke in the pic has rolled in to our little town. A couple towns East of here have been pretty much decimated.
    I am still getting parts though! Lol! Got the shift fork cover today.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

FEP Member

Finally finished the brakes. Was sent a caliper without the pad locating holes and was waiting for a replacement. 82 now has good brakes and after a wash and dry, looks pretty decent. I still have a list of things to do but little time to do them.

Spent 3 hrs trying to get my brakes bled. Made a huge mess bench bleeding the master, there were a couple of line leaks, etc.
    everything just went wrong. Picked the wrong day, too dark(no sun) and humidity off the charts. Sweated through my clothes in like an hour.
    was able to get a decent pedal, but I’m gonna let it sit and try again tomorrow.

FEP Member

Bench bled mine,that went ok but had to get a friend to pump while I bled. Gravity bleeding wasn't working. I also discovered the old master cylinder was aluminum, blue anodized.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast