Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

I want to get the same one, with the chassis kit from MM
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

It's been awhile since anyone has seen this car.

I bought an 86 Cougar with the S.O 5.0 as a "good enough" upgrade to the 3.8 CFI that's been nothing but problems. The Cougar had gone into a ditch and had major front end damage, so I didn't mind sacrificing it for the sake of my 86.

The Cougar's 5.0 was pulled with the AOD, and I just finished prepping the 3.8 for removal. My father and I started this process before this whole Corona thing hit the fan but it's been worked on off and on through these weeks. Though removing the 3.8 was all I had to keep me occupied over the last couple days while I'm out of a job.

As a lube tech with 6 months under my belt, this isn't as bad as I initially thought it'd be.
    Ray

1986 Mustang "Frankenstang" '03 IRS 3.8 CFI
    1997 Crown Victoria, partially Grand Marquis

Name:  85 GT April 7 2020.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  193.6 KB

Finally got new tires for the car. the ones that came with the rims were shot. Now all I have left to do is the windshield and its ready for inspection. Oh and I need the snow to go away already

The 85 needs a battery. But first I need one for the 88 to pass inspection next month for plates. Man, that's 3 battery's I have to buy this year.....(the Crown Vic got one 2 months ago).................

At least the 99 won't need one for another 2 years. Got to keep all 4 running living in a apartment, lucky they let me keep 4 cars here....LOL

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

FEP Member

Bought a 95 brake setup for the SVO. Mostly wanted the spindles so I could make the cobra brakes happen later down the road.

FoureyedJoe, which tires did you get? I can't see the name on them.

I got Cooper Zeno rs3 245 45/17 not the kind of a middle of the road tire. Good all around I am told

Been trying to get my engine bay in order.
    i ran out of primer but was able to get this done before it started raining (again)

Name:  Rujj3a.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  276.6 KB

This was just to keep the rust at bay. Just some surface stuff and once I get the k member off I’ll give it some more attention
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

FEP Member

Started my Cobra front brake swap and located a potential IRS to swap in from a 2001 Cobra. I’ll have to change the rear gears for it to be worth a damn but it’s what I’ve been looking for.

Wasn’t today, but on Saturday I finally stripped out the interior. Man it was disgusting. Above the headliner were wasps nests and mouse nests. Thought I took a pic of that part, but I guess I didn’t.
    None of my interior panels are the same shade of red, and a couple of them are really damaged. Maybe sun damage, I don’t know.
    Finally the car doesn’t smell terrible anymore.
    The headliner vinyl fell off, and the headliner board has a couple tears up front by the sun visors.
    Someone had removed the nuts from the rear of the bench seat(which I didn’t notice) so when I removed the bolts from the front, the seat fell over backwards with me in it lmao. Seatbelt bolts were a biatch, very tight but they all came out without breaking.

Name:  9WGgwi.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  143.0 KBName:  Sk6CSK.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  152.0 KBName:  1VBDsw.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  175.9 KBName:  yq8A23.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  152.7 KB
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

FEP Member

Put down a down payment on the cobra IRS to ensure it’s held until tax return arrives. This SVO WILL handle at the peak of the Fox capabilities

FEP Member

Put down a down payment on the cobra IRS to ensure it’s held until tax return arrives. This SVO WILL handle at the peak of the Fox capabilities

Haven't checked in for a few days but I had lots happen in the last week. Sold my old Turbine wheels, found a buyer for my 10 hole wheels, got my out of province done and it passed no problem. Went for a few rides and it's running better than ever. Today I also picked up a never installed rack and pinion and eibach pro lowering springs. Got a good deal on them IMO. Can't wait to put them in to have a nicer stance. Oh and I also ordered all new weatherstrip and a new clutch cable kit.

have been getting all the little badges, trim ready so when my capri gets back from paint (its been gone 2 weeks) and replace all the foam inside my new upholstery which I should have done before I did the seat covers
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Tested mobile (parked) internet setup. Phone sits upright in yellow tray when not taking pictures. Less typos.
    Picture resize with MS paint works well. From 777kb to 41kb size.
    Name:  kb_bt_wheel[1].JPG
Views: 155
Size:  40.8 KB

FEP Member

Got my passenger side pretty much all together, just need new sway bar end links up front and an adaptor fitting for the drivers side hard line.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Inflated the tires on my T-top notch, ready for a nice wash

Did some metal work today.

FEP Member

Surprisingly got it all hooked up other than the sway bar end links. For sure need to buy some front tires though, can barely turn with these 235/55R17 monstrosities I’ve got currently for rolling it around the yard

Finally pulled my 3.8.

But in the process we found out both of the front calipers were frozen.

Cobra brakes are on order now.
    Ray

1986 Mustang "Frankenstang" '03 IRS 3.8 CFI
    1997 Crown Victoria, partially Grand Marquis

FEP Member

Hell yeah man!

Spending another day chasing wiring gremlins. Entire interior is gutted and the dash is out. My dumb ass set the dash down on its face and cracked the plastic on the gauge cluster, so now I'm going to need to get a reproduction (thank god they are still attainable).
    If there's one thing good that has come from this virus, it's getting some more done on the car. Sorry for the spud quality picName:  Untitled.png
Views: 139
Size:  1.66 MB

More metal work today.
    Damn, if I was rich I would have paid some other poor bastard do this job lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    More metal work today.
    Damn, if I was rich I would have paid some other poor bastard do this job lmao.
    I have the same thought every time I look at the Pacer I have tucked away in the corner...

Picked up a set of MMS caster camber plates to go along with my lowering springs. My clutch cable was pretty worn out making the pedal hard to press so I also replaced my clutch cable and quadrant with firewall adjuster. Made a big difference, clutch feels good now and engages where it should.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast