Close

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Removed drivers side valve gasket and reposition it, no leaks so far.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

FEP Member

Committed sacralidge and picked up a 1992 front clip for the SVO, probably will be on the car until I get out of college in a few years.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Good for you!
    save the original parts and you’re ahead of the game
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

FEP Member

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Good for you!
    save the original parts and you’re ahead of the game
    You mean these?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Got my rear control arms in. Hopefully install the rear this week. Then it can be rolled back to get the motor in.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Had a buddy come over today to help me with my problem child...the pace car. I'm still having a misfire and occasional backfire problem. We did some more tuning on it. Mainly the carb, but we also went through the ignition system. Most of it was stuff I've already done, but it sure makes me feel better knowing I wasn't overlooking something. We put our heads together and came up with a game plan. We're going to swap carbs again and tune that one for my motor. He's going to pull a carb off one of his engines (currently on a chevy 350, but it should work well with my 331). If that doesn't work, then I guess we're back to diagnosing a mechanical problem. It won't be my first rodeo there, either. I had the engine apart a couple months ago and everything looked good. I replaced a few parts that were in question...intake gaskets, timing set, plugs, plug wires. I may yank the heads off again and take them to my machinist if the new carb doesn't fix things. I doubt it will, but I'm exhausting every area before doing something drastic.
    79 Pace Car - 331, t5
    79 Pace Car- 302, 4 spd
    79 Cobra - working on 351w, t5
    82 Capri- working on 302, t5
    82gt - working on 408w, c4

Quote Originally Posted by richpet View Post
    Got my rear control arms in. Hopefully install the rear this week. Then it can be rolled back to get the motor in.

I just put red ones on my capri a few days ago (but you should have done them one at a time), it will be hell trying to do it that way
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

And finished I stalling the bolt in torque box reinforcement. Which I may have snugged a bit tight.

Last edited by richpet; 06-02-2020 at 11:40 PM.
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

That's the way I did it last time and it went on. I just rolled the rear under with a jack, got one set lined up with a bolt through then the other set. Not saying it was the easy way (LOL) - just the only way I have done it.

What alternative are you suggesting? All the bolts are loose so as not to induce potential bind.

That's the way I did it last time and it went on. I just rolled the rear under with a jack, got one set lined up with a bolt through then the other set. Not saying it was the easy way (LOL) - just the only way I have done it.

What alternative are you suggesting? All the bolts are loose so as not to induce potential bind.

I did the lower left then the left upper then repeat in the right side. I drilled out the rubber bushings on the housing
    Past 4 eyes-
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

I did the lower left then the left upper then repeat in the right side. I drilled out the rubber bushings on the housing
    Past 4 eyes-
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Sold the 03 Cobra a few weeks ago.

Sold the Fox on the weekend. Sad day.

Name:  Fox on Trailer.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  458.3 KB

Replaced it with this:

Name:  Vette.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  351.4 KB
    05 Corvette Z51

It may be sad you sold the Fox, but I fail to see how it's a sad day with a new Vette in the drive.

Quote Originally Posted by ClayBelt View Post
    You mean these?
    Haha ok maybe not
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Quote Originally Posted by NAVYCAT View Post
    Ah. I am not replacing just the arms though. The 7.5 was pulled out a year ago and I have an 8.8 going in.

Ah. I am not replacing just the arms though. The 7.5 was pulled out a year ago and I have an 8.8 going in.

Its the same thing, I have a 8.8 and its difficult doing it by yourself
    Past 4 eyes-
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Hey what kind of control arms did you go with? I want to rears out because the bushings are original and worn out. I know MM are usually the best but I also saw the J&M ones on LMR that have a Sphyrical style poly bushing

Quote Originally Posted by Foureyedjoe View Post
    Hey what kind of control arms did you go with? I want to rears out because the bushings are original and worn out. I know MM are usually the best but I also saw the J&M ones on LMR that have a Sphyrical style poly bushing
    Your best option for the stock rear style suspension on a budget would be to use these: https://www.maximummotorsports.com/S...998-P1481.aspx along with the OEM style upper arms such as these: https://www.maximummotorsports.com/R...tang-P544.aspx

May not be as cool looking as the aftermarket upper and lower sets, but any of the boxed uppers will cause additional binding in the suspension due to the more rigid design and/or the poly bushings. The stock suspension needs the upper arms to be able to roll, twist, elongate, etc to prevent binding of the rear suspension in the average street car and/or road racer/autocrosser. If all you do is drag racing, then things change a bit. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

I used J&M.

They are 3-piece and should allow some movement to prevent binding. Also, the axle end is rubber bushed for the same reason.

Last edited by richpet; 06-09-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    Your best option for the stock rear style suspension on a budget would be to use these: https://www.maximummotorsports.com/S...998-P1481.aspx along with the OEM style upper arms such as these: https://www.maximummotorsports.com/R...tang-P544.aspx

May not be as cool looking as the aftermarket upper and lower sets, but any of the boxed uppers will cause additional binding in the suspension due to the more rigid design and/or the poly bushings. The stock suspension needs the upper arms to be able to roll, twist, elongate, etc to prevent binding of the rear suspension in the average street car and/or road racer/autocrosser. If all you do is drag racing, then things change a bit. Good Luck!
    Tha is Trey, I will likely hold off for now then go that route in the back

FEP Member

Didn’t necessarily do it to a fox, or any of my cars, but it might influence the fate of my SVO.

Drove a T45 swapped crown Vic yesterday, a project I have honestly been on the fence about maybe partaking in with my Marquis. It felt pretty good other than maybe needing a few tweaks in the pedal setup and a different clutch. I may put the car up for sale once I fix it now based on how that felt, put a TR3650 from the 01-04 mustangs in my Marquis. God knows I have the suspension for it

This weekend It rained all weekend so I finished replacing my power steering rack, pump, lines and cooler. Also installed my Eibach pro lowering springs and MM caster camber plates.
    Name:  20200607_211621.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  203.2 KB
    I think it looks way better, just have to get a alignment done now.

Heres the before
    Name:  20200111_200703.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  197.3 KB

And the After
    Name:  20200607_212012.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  195.9 KB

Got the last of my BIG boxes today, the transmission.

The last pic was taken by the PO the year before I bought it.

Installing rear this weekend (maybe sooner) and hopefully motor next week. Then reinstall the interior, redo the window felt, sand/paint the roof/hood. Then get the fuel system sorted. Have a carb for run in and the FiTech system right after that, with command center.

I am starting to grin...

Let the Cobra sit outside on driveway.
    Sunny and 90 out- 120+ inside even with windows down.
    Black on black on black vinyl buckets. An oven on wheels.
    Everything was hot to the touch.
    Drove the Ranger instead to the stores. Gray cloth buckets.

FEP Power Member Jerry peachuer's Avatar

Horn is working again. When I purchased the car the column was out for unknown reason

I think they were trying to remove steering wheel the hard way at the rack lmao

Just need to get the map light working and put AC back in

Approx 900 miles on new engine/trans sits great in 92 degree day in traffic
    Headlights we're going on/off last year and headlight switch fixed that issue
    Power steering pump (reman) went bad and replaced it and quiet
    Completely different car now
    Rear defrost and center console lights and cigar lighter works now also

Maybe upper peninsula trip in August for gumball rally since Woodward is cancelled and mustang alley is cancelled due to covid
    Car season this year kinda sad scene

If it wasn't for being lock down the car wouldn't of progress much

Picked up Year specific license plate tag and blue plate for authentic plate registration not historical so I'm not limited where I can drive it

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast