Close

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Bought another one is what I did Name:  03663A1C-23A5-4A7B-808C-1C5CFB56EEEB.jpeg
Views: 254
Size:  132.1 KB

^^^ wow what a nice car, you must be excited!

I installed my trans mount today, got everything lined up.
    Installed fox water temp and oil pressure senders and they are working properly.
    Also got my brake light warning light working when parking brake is applied. Had to remove the switch and clean up all the contact points. Tested it out of the car, tested good. Tested it in the car, tested good.
    Installed, it works properly.
    Last edited by massacre; 10-20-2020 at 06:41 PM.
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

sleeping till next april in my dad's garage....didn't move now for a whole year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1982 Mustang coupe with 66 mustang 289(30 over, keith black pistons,etc.) 4cyl world class t-5, 8.8 with 3.55.
    1980 Mustang hatch(sold)
    1965 Mustang (in process)

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

But I think I am finally done with the majority of the work on the 1986 Bronco I bought a little over a year ago. Still needs some front end work to be completely done, but it drives, stops, turns, and hasn't left me stranded in two weeks of driving. So say HELLO to my new DD until I get my 86 Road Racer finished or my youngest turns 16 which every comes first!

What I started with just over a year ago.

Attachment 134277

Attachment 134278

What it looks like now!

Attachment 134279

Attachment 134280

Attachment 134281
    Wow that Bronco looks amazing Trey!!!!

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    82 Capri BM, 84 Mustang Gt, 88 T-Bird TC, 93 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by 84zorro View Post
    Wow that Bronco looks amazing Trey!!!!

Thanks! Not too bad for being painting in my garage here in CO. Would have been easier and quicker at the shop there in Hutto, but just wasn't meant to be.
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Real real nice Trey.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Made bracket and mounted it along with my fuel pump. I also put rubber behind pump to hopefully kill noise a bit. Made my fuel line and ran itfrom tank to pump. Reinstalled tank with new fuel filler neck seal. Now I can see why people cut holes in hatch to get easy access to top of tank. What a pain the ass but it's done. Hopefully it doesn't leak. Wish my filter was black but blue will do for now.
    Attachment 134325
    Attachment 134326
    Attachment 134327
    Last edited by Sask84gt; 10-24-2020 at 04:35 PM.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Wow
    that looks like a great install! Nice job!
    it’s tight back there on these cars not easy to get everything to fit and line up properly
    79 Zephyr, 4.6L 4v/4r70w swap, with team z front and rear suspension, 8.8 and upgraded brakes and coil overs. Running Holley Terminator X Max.

Quote Originally Posted by massacre View Post
    Wow
    that looks like a great install! Nice job!
    it’s tight back there on these cars not easy to get everything to fit and line up properly
    Thanks! Only thing I'm concerned about is proximity to the exhaust pipe on passenger side. She's pretty close. I did order some heat shielding to put over the line to protect it so hopefully it will be fine.
    Last edited by Sask84gt; 10-24-2020 at 11:35 PM.
    Mustangs
    84.5 Gt T-top
    85 Gt

Took 60 mile test drive to check out work done yesterday. All ok.

Indian summer day, almost 80.
    Zip tied both new wiper blade frames to wiper arms. Have had them pop loose in rain storms.
    O/c, filter 10w30 semi syn LL, FL-1A, new plug gasket.
    Adjusted clutch cable (early manual type) 1/2 turn in to raise clutch pedal just right.
    Readjusted both ft outer wheel bearings snug tight. Installed new back in March, had slight play.
    Aired up all tires psi to compensate for cold weather.
    Started to rain 5 minutes after putting everything away. Smelled it coming, heard thunder.

Nylon cover, over cowl grill when parked, is keeping out the stupid little falling leaves from neighbors trees.

FEP Member

Nothing today....6" of snow, temp 3F, wind 15 to 30 mph. I-80 closed Cheyenne-Rawlins, not that it matters. It's good for the fires here and Colorado.

Just bought this 1986 GT to along with with my 1986 SVO. My current project is getting plates for the GT with all the RMV challenges of Covid!Name:  SVOandGT1.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  344.2 KB

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spt87a View Post
    Just bought this 1986 GT to along with with my 1986 SVO. My current project is getting plates for the GT with all the RMV challenges of Covid!Name:  SVOandGT1.jpg
    Congrats, that's really cool having two the same year. Its like in 1986, somebody going into a Ford Dealership, "If you want a Mustang, you can have either this one, or that."
    Both very different choices.

Question; will you be getting vanities for these? I'm also in Mass, and the rule is; you need to register with a passenger plate first (as you have) before you can apply for vanity plates.
    I'm getting one for mine, but won't say what it is until I get it haha

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Knebworth View Post
    Question; will you be getting vanities for these? I'm also in Mass, and the rule is; you need to register with a passenger plate first (as you have) before you can apply for vanity plates.
    I'm getting one for mine, but won't say what it is until I get it haha

Thank Bryan - not planning to get vanities for now. Not sure how that works as I've never had them before but looks like the renewal fees are higher and maybe need to be renewed yearly rather than every other year (?).

After I made the offer on the GT I started comparing VIN numbers and car fax reports between the two cars and found the VINs are just over 5000 apart in the sequence number and that the cars both shipped from Dearborn on 3/10/86 which is pretty neat.

FEP Super Member Bryan Knebworth's Avatar

Thank Bryan - not planning to get vanities for now. Not sure how that works as I've never had them before but looks like the renewal fees are higher and maybe need to be renewed yearly rather than every other year (?).

After I made the offer on the GT I started comparing VIN numbers and car fax reports between the two cars and found the VINs are just over 5000 apart in the sequence number and that the cars both shipped from Dearborn on 3/10/86 which is pretty neat.
    Yes, its quite expensive--something like $100 per yr, as opposed to $50 for two years. Evidently, VA has it at approx $10 per yr (if Virginia FEP-ers can confirm).
    That's really cool, only 5,000 units apart. I've heard on their best days, Ford could make 1,000 units per 24 hours, so its a safe bet they were built the same week
    Last edited by Bryan Knebworth; 10-29-2020 at 05:37 AM.

NH has free vanity plates I think lol

Today I put the front end back together in anticipation of storing the car this weekend. Fenders, hood, lights, grille, front valance, hood latch, etc.
    Installing the hood by myself kinda sucked but I got it done. New hood cable too. Need to tweak the drivers fender in the front to get the gap right. Front bumper is also bent on drivers side, thinking I might straighten it and then shim that side with washers. I want to remove the bumperettes, only because I have smashed my knees on them about 20 times already lmao
    Tomorrow I need to cut some 6mil sheet plastic for the door panels and put that on with butyl tape. Put headlight switch back in and secure the fuse box. Also torque intake back down and reinstall alternator.
    Plan is to use those peppermint satchels to keep away the mice, might even cover the under hood wiring with aluminum foil.
    i bought a cover for the car too, to keep the dust off.

Name:  GWJOnq.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  89.6 KB Name:  ErzPZ1.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  102.5 KB Name:  F8GylW.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  91.6 KB

Sweet!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    83 5.0 GT. Quicker than it looks! 10:1 (or just over) 306, Motorsport a332 cam, 140A alt, t5 conv, 8.8 w/ 3.27's, Edel rpm, alum rad, very worked e7's, Holley SA carb, etc... SOLD IT!!!!

Now an 1981 Granada! .040 over 302, Edel E-street heads... Currently building a 347 because, why not?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

Quote Originally Posted by richpet View Post
    Sweet!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Thanks

This will seem lame to many of the young guys, but I finaly put a Hurst "T" handle on my '84.

I had one on my first Mustang, a 1968 coupe bought in 1975 when I was in high school (see, I'm OLD). For some reason I always likes the way it felt in my hand. Maybe its because I have large hands and the ball knobs always felt tiny??

anyways its on and I love the feel slamming gears!!!
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    Albert Einstein

1984 20th Anniversary GT350
    Almost "Stock"

T handles are badass

Took the car out for a daytime ride. 70 mile round trip ok.
    Errands and sightseeing around town. Car is black with orange graphics. Halloween colors.
    Wanted to do annual pre-winter heater check out. Temp was in the 40's most of the day.
    Took 1-2 hours to heat the car interior up good enough to turn it down and take coat off.
    Like to drive with ds window down one crank rotation most of the time.

While in Dearborn, drove on Village Drive past HF Museum and Greenfield Village.
    Dearborn Development Center (formerly DPG Dearborn Proving Ground on the old Ford Airport site) is on the south side of road.
    Never noticed the statue of Henry Ford at far end outside of the museum. Could not tell if the mask had a Ford logo.
    Plaque reads 'Donated by Ford Motor Company, underwritten by Cynthia and Edsel B Ford.'
    Then onto Rotunda Drive past Detroit Lions HQ and the Rouge Complex. Added short visit to downtown Detroit, then home.

Name:  HF statue with car 3030.JPG
Views: 99
Size:  50.2 KB
    Last edited by gr79; 10-31-2020 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gt4494 View Post
    This will seem lame to many of the young guys, but I finaly put a Hurst "T" handle on my '84.

I had one on my first Mustang, a 1968 coupe bought in 1975 when I was in high school (see, I'm OLD). For some reason I always likes the way it felt in my hand. Maybe its because I have large hands and the ball knobs always felt tiny??

I've always loved a T handle myself. My high school days were the 60's so I'm old too. I was a Mopar guy back then and they all got a T handle except my Challenger, it kept the stock pistol grip which was cool in it's own way.

When I bought my Mustang 15 years ago it had a Hurst shifter in it topped by a ball. I quickly changed that out. Through almost 700 trips down the 1/4 mile I enjoyed rowing that T handle on every one of them.

When I got started on reloading I didn't like the feel of the ball on my press so I fixed it.

408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

Pics please! I’m pretty sure I want one...

Quote Originally Posted by gt4494 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 84 Turbo GT Vert View Post
    Pics please! I’m pretty sure I want one...
    Sorry car isn't spotless. Second pic gives a great idea on size difference!!

Name:  IMG_20201101_141813590.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  185.8 KBName:  IMG_20201101_141847380.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  88.5 KB
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    Albert Einstein

1984 20th Anniversary GT350
    Almost "Stock"

Sweeeettt rides!!

82 Capri BM, 84 Mustang Gt, 88 T-Bird TC, 93 Mustang

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast