Close

Default Where to mount a M1824BT bluetooth AMP?

Hi,

I received a Kenwood M1824BT (Amp with bluetooth that can be driven from the phone, not the 35+ AM/FM) as a Christmas present and looked for advice on where to mount it. It is about the size of two paperback books stacked on top of each other (or one Game of Thrones ) .

I can't get to the glove box right now to check fit, but I think it's too big. Any other advice on where to mount it?

Maybe under the seat, but if under the seat what would I mount it on? Any concerns about static under the seats from the carpet?

I've seen some nice installs of much bigger amps in the hatch area but this is so small I think it will look ridiculous by itself.

Thanks

Chris
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver

FEP Supporter

Another thought here... You might be able to put in the middle of the dash where the stock amp went.

As far as under the seat goes it would be fine there. You can place a small piece of plywood or MDF under the carpet and secure the wood to the floor with some urethane and then screw the amp down to the wood through the carpet. If you don't care about holes in the floor, screwing it down through the carpet into the floor can work too. No need to worry about any kind of static discharge from the carpet.

That's a neat amp. Seeing your post made me check out some others like it. It's a cool product category.
    '85 GT

FEP Power Member

Quote Originally Posted by qikgts View Post
    Another thought here... You might be able to put in the middle of the dash where the stock amp went.

As far as under the seat goes it would be fine there. You can place a small piece of plywood or MDF under the carpet and secure the wood to the floor with some urethane and then screw the amp down to the wood through the carpet. If you don't care about holes in the floor, screwing it down through the carpet into the floor can work too. No need to worry about any kind of static discharge from the carpet.

That's a neat amp. Seeing your post made me check out some others like it. It's a cool product category.
    I like the idea of the dash speaker/amp location.
    Fox Body/3rd Gen MCA Gold Card Judge
    84 SVO 24K miles, 85 Mclaren Capri Vert. 84 GT Turbo Vert.
    88 Mclaren Mustang Vert 20K miles, 89 Mustang LX Sport Vert,
    03 Mach 1 7900 miles, 74 Mustang II, 69 Mustang, 67 Mustang, 07 GT500,
    14 Mustang CS/GT, 15 F150 FTX Tuscany, 16 F250 Crewcab, 67 Tbird 47K miles

I bought a Soundstream amp thinking of doing the same thing. I was thinking under a front seat, but really like the idea of trying under the dash.

Very cool Christmas gift!
    Access and space is really not great in the dash spot although i had a similar sized amp up there for years.
    Have a larger amp now mounted on the ps kick panel and is working fine there. I like to see the amp LEDs working.
    Dash holes would provide ventilation. I leave the non-a/c kick panel vent by the amp open in summer. Under seat should be ok.
    Under ps seat is best for access. Mount to a thin board and just slide under seat. No screws to floor pan pan to rust or leak water.
    Depending on the size and type of wood used, placing freely on top of carpet could also help dampen amp from road vibrations and shock.
    Run wires under console ps, ps door sill, or remove ps kick panel and door sill for access to tuck wires under carpet edge.

I installed this this weekend. It is under the passenger seat, with the wires run along the console then behind the glove box. I left the stock radio in since lots of people comment about it.

If anyone else goes this route, you have to wire the blue signal wire to the power wire otherwise the amp won't turn on.
    I'm an FEP Paid Supporter and proud of it. Are you?

1984 Capri Turbo RS - Alive after 7 years! Build Thread
    2018 Mustang GT - daily driver