Close

Default Hello, new from South Carolina

Just joined, been reading quite a while. Big Fox fan from the old days! Recently purchased a 84 GT-350 to restore.

FEP Supporter

Welcome to the site!
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis T View Post
    I think this is my favorite car on the site right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUECRAPI
    This is the best thread on the internet.
    Darran
    1982-1C (Black) GT T-Top:http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...he-Road-Thread
    1986-9L (Oxford White) SVO: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...d-did-1986-SVO
    1979 (85:Tangerine) Coupe (my son's): http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...gerine-Machine
    1979 (3F:Light Medium Blue) Coupe (one day to be my other son's!) http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...um-Blue-Bomber!

Welcome!!!!! Throw up some pics when you get a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by SC_GT350 View Post
    Just joined, been reading quite a while. Big Fox fan from the old days! Recently purchased a 84 GT-350 to restore.
    Which part of the state? Never seen another GT350 on the road!!
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."
    Albert Einstein

1984 20th Anniversary GT350
    Almost "Stock"

Indian Land, SC up near Fort Mill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dave9052 View Post
    Welcome!!!!! Throw up some pics when you get a chance!
    Name:  IMG_7705.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  231.4 KBName:  IMG_7705.jpg
Size:  231.4 KB

Name:  IMG_7705.jpg
Size:  231.4 KBName:  IMG_7705.jpg
Size:  231.4 KB

Name:  IMG_8153.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  178.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by gt4494 View Post
    Which part of the state? Never seen another GT350 on the road!!
    Car was abandoned and a mess, had to clean it up some before moving it. T-Top seals are gone, so interior is trash. We’ll get there a little at a time. Vortech Blown 351, C4.

Quote Originally Posted by 82GTforME View Post
    Welcome to the site!
    Thank you!!

Welcome aboard. Looks like a great start and one heck of a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by 84GT350_Annv View Post
    Welcome aboard. Looks like a great start and one heck of a lot of fun.
    Thank you! This is 172217 in the GT350 data base. Looks like a former street racer, a lot of work went into the suspension and drivetrain. The car was a total mess when I found it.

Very cool ride. I love the blow through supercharger setup.

Thank you! This is 172217 in the GT350 data base. Looks like a former street racer, a lot of work went into the suspension and drivetrain. The car was a total mess when I found it.
    Looks pretty nice, what are your plans? clean it up and put it on the street or use it for drag/street racing?
    Albert Einstein

Almost "Stock"

Nice looking car. I'm located in Spartanburg, SC
    86 GT (Owned since 87)On going project
    86 #64 Saleen
    86 Coupe
    1980 Coupe(2)
    2003 Cobra
    2015 F-250

Welcome and congrats! I bet she broke a lot of hearts with that pressurized 351!

Looks pretty nice, what are your plans? clean it up and put it on the street or use it for drag/street racing?
    Well I originally purchased it to put away for my boy who is only 10. But the more I’m around the car, the more I want to mess with it. I’ve had fox cars since the mid 80’s when I was in the Air Force, some brand new, some used. I haven’t had one in probably 10 years, so I got the bug again. Plans now are to get the basics squared away. Door and T-Top seals, and pull the upholstery. The seats are destroyed and the door panels also. Otherwise the car fired right up. It sounds pretty nasty, but I do not have specs on anything until I tear it apart. It was abandoned, so I even had to get a new title through the court and new ignition key and tumbler to move it. Looks like RHS 200 CC heads, V1 early supercharger (serial number) 351 Windsor, Pro Form blow through carb. The rest I’ll have to keep digging to get info. It does have a roll bar, south side machine bars, and welded frame connectors and 90/10 shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by saleen428 View Post
    Welcome and congrats! I bet she broke a lot of hearts with that pressurized 351!
    Thanks man! She must’ve been a bear in her day! It has such a cool stance too!

Thanks man! Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by scgreysvt View Post
    Nice looking car. I'm located in Spartanburg, SC

Thank you, I have one office in Spartanburg, love that city!

I recommend to get it street-able and drive it as you do the misc small stuff. If you make it un-drivable the odds are it will sit. Hagerty's has great rates on collector car insurance and since its not a DD I would recommend looking into it. In SC the tags are very cheap due to the cars age.

Get a late model fox seat so you can drive it as you so upholstery. Original style uphostery material is expensive but well worth it if you want to be true to the heritage. The rest of the interior is standard to all the cars.

With a son of 10 you could still have him help as you do things. That's how we keep the young ones interested.

Mine still brings a smile to my face every time I get it out and drive it. Best stress relief for a hectic or bad week!! Even better I never see another car like it on the road.
    Albert Einstein

Almost "Stock"

I recommend to get it street-able and drive it as you do the misc small stuff. If you make it un-drivable the odds are it will sit. Hagerty's has great rates on collector car insurance and since its not a DD I would recommend looking into it. In SC the tags are very cheap due to the cars age.

Get a late model fox seat so you can drive it as you so upholstery. Original style uphostery material is expensive but well worth it if you want to be true to the heritage. The rest of the interior is standard to all the cars.

With a son of 10 you could still have him help as you do things. That's how we keep the young ones interested.

Mine still brings a smile to my face every time I get it out and drive it. Best stress relief for a hectic or bad week!! Even better I never see another car like it on the road.
    Thank you! For now we will just have fun with it. No plans to plate it just yet. It will be a street car as it was before. I also am thinking on a TKO600, or something stout. It was a 5 speed car, clutch pedal was cut, but that’s easily repaired.

Really neat car! Your son will be all over you to drive it before you know it!
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by graphicdesigner80 View Post
    Really neat car! Your son will be all over you to drive it before you know it!
    Thank you! Nice to see him off the phone and asking questions! I also have a short bed little 47 Ford pickup with a 92 5.0 motor. Pretty cool truck, C6 manual valve body and 3:89 rear, it’s real quick and fun to drive. Plans this summer are to drop it 3” and engine mods to include my 1965 Mickey Thompson 289 Cross Ram and dual quads. It just in prime, but so much fun. He’ll have his choice each day of High School!

Sounds like a neat little truck. Don't see many pre f-series trucks around. Good luck with the projects.