Close

Exclamation Nice looking 1979 Ford Fairmont on Craigslist - only 24k miles - $5500 obo

(No affiliation)

Saw this a few weeks ago. Good looking car. Looks pretty solid too. Owner claims only 24,000 miles on the car and he/she might be correct.

It's a 6-cylinder 3-speed, engine bay looks real nice. Myself, I'd want to keep it as it is stock and use it as a good looking daily driver or for weekend errands. With it's condition and all, I'm kind of hoping that whoever buys it will keep it the way it is

Long Island NY
    $5500 obo

1979 ford fairmont 24k miles - $5500 (Ronkonkoma)
    https://longisland.craigslist.org/ct...026016611.html

Name:  1979 Ford Fairmont - Craigslist Ronkonkoma NY .png
Views: 153
Size:  948.3 KB

Interesting. Manual brakes but power steering, no exterior options, cheapest bench seat but top-of-the-line Interior Décor Group.

Someone did a nice detail job on the car, but I'd say more likely it has 124k: upholstery is looks very used, driver-side carpet is well-worn., trunk seal worn-out, heater hoses, ect.

1979 red was a big improvement over 1978 red.

Mike

Hmmm I think you might have a better eye than I for these cars. It'd be a shame if he's misrepresenting the car as such, or perhaps he bought it that way believing what the previous owner told him. Wouldn't be unheard of either way.

I will say these Fairmonts and Zephyrs both are really starting to grow on me . . . starting to really appreciate them

F/Z FTW!

Mike

I don't see power anything. And I don't think that's the decor group interior. It doesn't seem to me to be the full door panels. Plus, no A/C. I'd say this is a stripper they opted for the cloth upholstery. The seat not being torn up definitely adds to the appeal.

Plus, a desirable color, being red (as opposed to caramel, cream, or baby blue like most of them seem to be). A great starting point, but that price is steep.
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

I really like the turbines on there, and they look to be in excellent shape.

agree that the price seems high.
    Mike

Now stang-less.

88 Cougar 5.0