Close

Thread: Personal update

Default Personal update

Greetings all of you car freaks. Been a while since I posted a personal update. For the past 15 months, I have been super busy. Just completed my MBA program (with honors), got certified in LEAN Process Improvement, accepted an invitation to join Delta Mu Delta international honor society, did side work as a business efficiency evaluator (improve businesses by finding flaws/areas in need of improvement and making the changes). Working on the final phase of my LEAN Six Sigma green belt certification. Pushing myself for personal improvement. I updated "2nd chance RS" in car show and tell section.

My new avatar is my new license plate with my credentials: Master's Business Administrations LEAN Process Improvement
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Congratulations! I am exhausted just reading about all you have been up to lately!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

FEP Senior Member

How did you start doing the evaluator side work? Through a service or school?
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

Quote Originally Posted by Basin Motorsports View Post
    How did you start doing the evaluator side work? Through a service or school?
    I have been trained in Lean Six Sigma methodologies since 2013 and both my Bachelor's and Master's programs went in depth in the subject (which I excelled in). Also, certified in LEAN Process Improvement. I did it as an independent contractor. A long time friend in Az. owns a custom car shop. He and i had been talking for over a year (basically my listening to him vent) about difficulties he was experiencing. I spent 3 weekends as an observer, taking notes, seeing how things flowed within the shop (projects and employees, both), came up with solutions, as needed. Implemented a game plan, went to UTI as a talent scout for his company, established a connection between the company and school placement office. Appointed an actual shop supervisor (instead of the owner fielding questions, which took him away from ordering parts and being in contact with clients/vendors). All in all, i feel it was successful.
    Last edited by conmech; 12-11-2019 at 02:29 PM.
    conmech - aka Marshall
    Pending build-1983 Mercury Capri RS NOT staying as it left the showroom floor......
    Sonic blue pearl, sand beige, netted halos, FR500 wheels and shiny under the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    congratulations! I am exhausted just reading about all you have been up to lately!
    Lol. Sorry.
    conmech - aka Marshall

Congrats on completing the MBA with honors. Quite an accomplishment. You should be very proud of yourself. You have been busy.

Look at you shipmate! so smart, but great job getting the MBA done so now get your capri done so we can cruise
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Thanx guys. Joe, give me a while. Car is in Idaho.
    conmech - aka Marshall

Congrats Marshal!

Congrats!!!

I thought at 55 I would not go back to school but next year I'm going to take a welding course, that counts, right?

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Quote Originally Posted by webestang View Post
    Congrats!!!

I thought at 55 I would not go back to school but next year I'm going to take a welding course, that counts, right?
    It sure counts in my book. I think there is too much emphasis on academic learning these days at the expense of learning a skill. Both have their place.

This is especially true for young people who have somehow gotten the idea that a job where you get your hands dirty is undesirable. Which has in turn resulted in many employers having a hard time filling really good paying jobs in the trades.
    408/T5/3.73's

We're not fast racers, we're more what's known as half fast racers.

Quote Originally Posted by mmb617 View Post
    It sure counts in my book. I think there is too much emphasis on academic learning these days at the expense of learning a skill. Both have their place.

This is especially true for young people who have somehow gotten the idea that a job where you get your hands dirty is undesirable. Which has in turn resulted in many employers having a hard time filling really good paying jobs in the trades.
    I have noticed many trade jobs available in my area, mostly auto mechanics and plumbers. My nephew wouldn't even work on his car when he owned one, I did all the work and he did not want to learn. BTW he works for Facebook so his hands will be soft and supple all his life....LOL

Scotty
    1985 Fox Notch 4-banger Ranger tube header Eastwood Royal Blue
    1988 Fox LX 5.0 AOD Vert BBK 170mph speedo Candy Apple Red
    1999 Mustang Coupe V6 Auto Chrome Yellow -Daily Driver.
    Past Pony's.....
    68 Coupe Inline-6 3-Speed-Man. Primer
    78 II Hatch 302 3-Speed-Auto Sunroof Black
    81 4-Eye Coupe 4-Banger 4-Speed-Man. White

Gentlemen, I did my fair share of dirty work. Navy heavy mechanic for 28 years. It's time to move into a suit.
    conmech - aka Marshall

I hear u mmb617 some of the clowns my company hires to bulid aircraft is crazy, must don't last very long
    I build a airplane that most everyone has flown if they have ever taken a flight. Ask me to fix Something on my car maybe, it's just I just don't have the knowledge to do everything on it, but I try to learn. Been aircraft 15 years and I am still learning new tricks.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Congratulations Marshall!
    "Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac."
    George Carlin, Rest in peace

Rick
    84 GT Convertible
    68 Cougar XR7
    14 Ford Explorer Limited

Congratulations on those great achievements!!!!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
    82 Capri BM, 84 Mustang Gt, 88 T-Bird TC, 93 Mustang

Good news Marshall. Congrats I know how hard it can be to park one career and move on. Takes one hell of a lot of personal motivation and willpower.