Close

Default Keeping things stock

Anyone else with an early fox keeping their car stock? My plan is for bone stock with my Fairmont-except the smog equipment.

Bone stock for my Fairmont ment in-line 200ci that could not do the speed limit in the highway.
    If you have a sbf then stick with stock-ish, but after my 302 swap I’m keeping it that way. No cats, full 2.5” single outlet exhaust a 650dp (little on the big side) and an intake. I am looking for the stock 4v carb intake and I’ll be happy. Other than that I’m good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 200 auto. Could care less about driving fast.

Quote Originally Posted by biggieou View Post
    I have the 200 auto. Could care less about driving fast.
    I’m not talking about fast. I’m talking about they way people drive, getting out of a trucks way, and end of the day what sealed the deal is those 200’s are hit m miss. The intake is cast with the head and casting varied. My car idled like crap and until about 2000 rpm would it clear up. The carb was in the middle of 6cyl how you think cyl 1 and 6 feel? Lol that then my 1 barrel was leaking and it cost around $280 from Oreily’s, when they sent it, it was a 2barrel. So found the right one for $400 and for the same $450 I swapped my 302 into the Fairmont. Trust me I’m not going fast. I can only cruise 60-65 second lane but at least I can drop a gear and slowly disappear. (most likely ina cloud of coolant smoke with my luck)

All in all the original if it’s running good will net you most value unless we are talking any bar legal swap with a manual.

Regards,
    Murillo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk