Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Default Help identifying a part

    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  509.7 KB

    anyone know what the little round black spacers that are shown on the heater box studs are called and where I can buy some replacements that are not cracked?

  2. #2
    Moderator wraithracing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Grand Junction, CO/RR TX


    I am not sure what the proper terminology is for the spacers. I am also not aware of any reproductions at this time. If you have an extra pair of hands to help with the install of the HVAC box, there's no issue with reusing the spacers even with the tabs broken. The tabs help them lock into the firewall insulator pad, but otherwise they will still function just fine without the tabs. I have reused them on multiple projects over the years with no issues. Good Luck!

    "I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

    "I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

    Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Ongoing RestoModification
    1984 SVO Awaiting Restoration
    1986 GT Wrecked by PO, but still want to save!

    Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Underway
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts