Close

Default 1981 Ford Granada L 3.3L 200 Only Tries To Start After Key Is Released

Hello, I have a 1981 Ford Granada L 3.3L 200. I changed my water pump now the car doesnít want to start for some reason. I try to crank the car it wonít start but when I release the key it tries to start but wonít. Iím getting spark after the key is released. Iíve changed the ignition module, starter solenoid, distributor, rotor, rotor connector, ignition switch, ignition lock cylinder, new spark plugs, and it still wonít start. Any ideas? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GWill8 View Post
    Hello, I have a 1981 Ford Granada L 3.3L 200. I changed my water pump now the car doesnít want to start for some reason. I try to crank the car it wonít start but when I release the key it tries to start but wonít. Iím getting spark after the key is released. Iíve changed the ignition module, starter solenoid, distributor, rotor, rotor connector, ignition switch, ignition lock cylinder, new spark plugs, and it still wonít start. Any ideas? Thank you.
    Im having the same problem with my 84 mustang, I get spark when I turn the key to the off possition, I also installed a new ignition switch and coil.I will check this weekend if I dnt work, and if I make the car run I let you know.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
    82 Capri BM, 84 Mustang Gt, 88 T-Bird TC, 93 Mustang, '16 Shelby GT350, '19 F150.

Thanks. I'll let you know from my end as well as I'm off work this weekend and plan to work on it.