Close

Default Found an aluminum oil pump in a 1980's vintage 302 ?

Curious if anyone has ever run into an aluminum oil pump in a plain nothing special 302 before ? Any special significance other than its way lighter of course ?

The one I ran across has a cast Ford number starting with "C2OE" I believe. Still works good.

I am hoping its a rare piece of 60's Ford history and worth thousands LOL !!

Don't start making any 'Vegas plans just yet. That C2OE casting number was used right up until the early '90s, when it was replaced by F2TE-6604-BA. The F2 casting continued to be aluminum. Its the one currently sold by Ford Racing.

But, don't despair, the C2 casting was used in the 289 HiPo, and also the 302 Boss. So, tell your friends you found a "genuine" 302 Boss oil pump in your "nothing special" 302. You may as well; just about every Ebay listing calls it a Boss oil pump.

As you may already know, Ford referred to the 289 HiPo and 302 Boss engines in the parts literature as "special".

Perfect thanks for the info !!

Yeah high performance boss 302 oil pump sounds good to me

Redneck Riviera, Fort Walton Beach Florida

My LTD LX had one when I pulled the original engine apart, I get the trying to save weight part, but same engine had a cast iron water pump.
    1985 LTD LX, Mach1 brakes, 17" Mopar police car wheels. 302, T5, 4.10s
    1984 LTD station wagon, with 84GT nose, some might remember it as the old Dugan Racing station wagon.
    1986 FHP coupe, stock shortblock, TW heads, Holley SMII intake, 4.88, T5Z
    1990 Red LX, ported AFR heads, TFS-R box upper, weenie cam, 1 3/4 long accufabs, 3" exhaust, T5, 4.56

I have lots of battle scars from AL pumps. My brother’s pick for making power in his 79 Grand Prix was none other than a Buick engine. It started as a 231 and nothing in the oiling department improved as the car went up to a V8.

We frequently took my Fords to the parts store to get parts for that antichrist rolling dog turd of a car. In case you didn’t notice, I didn’t like working on it primarily because we worked on it SO much

The stupid part is it couldn’t gap my 351W D0OE fulie head 351W Galaxie (gun boat! Probably the most horsepower of any car Ive ever owned based upon it ETs) but would always win, my Mustang ..... always anywhere between a bumper and a length ahead but never ever once lost to it.

Brothers who are 18 months apart should not own cars that kick everyone else’s ass in the region. Once you mess up the 60’s era muscle car guys too really there was no one left to race for money.

Surprisingly he still has that piece of crap. Has about 130K miles on it vs my 1/2 million but now my worn out old horse will gap him

I would be SHOCKED if my 86 has an AL pump. Steel on AL doesn’t hold up 99.999% of the time