Close

Default 86 GT Carb Fuel Pump Selection / Install

Just spent the weekend straightening the 25 foot "roll" of 3/8 stainless steel tubing! I made my own $15,00 tube straightener...

Question I am converting to Carb. I am looking at use the existing fuel filter location to mount my external fuel pump. and the two pre and post fuel pump filters.

Please advise

Thank you all very much.

I would have used the stock pump and line setup with a external regulator to lower fuel pressure for the carb. If this is still an option I can give you the part number for the regulator.
    82 ford fairmont futura
    quicktime turbosystems 70mm turbo
    10.67@128.38

I agree with slomont-i ran an stock 88lph in-tank pump, stock 5/16 efi lines with Mallory 4309 regulator years ago, car was an 11sec car too-worked great and was quiet unlike an external fuel pump

What I did and is working great was I talk a lift style pump. The one I have is a bit in the high side of psi but works good still. The brand is called Facet and can lift fluid 15-40” from bottom. Works much like a diaphragm style “stock mechanical, but I have mine mounted to the body just out side the fuel tank. It works great, is internally regulated to 4-9psi (depends which one you get). And only cost between $50-100. All you need is hose to plumb it from tank to stock line and put a filter or two and route your power wire. Ground it and enjoy. Does make a little noise but any exhaust will cover. I can send pics if needed.
    Best bang for your buck. And actually Facet is what the Edelbrock brand uses as well as others. You can go to Oreily’s and they have em on the shelf $55. Best part about it. No tank dropping and no regulator needed.

I carb’d my roller 302 and have had no issues with fuel delivery. Everything else tho... anyways it’s a great pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk