Close

Thread: 1980 Fairmont

Default 1980 Fairmont

Just picked up an 80 Fairmont. Has the 6cyl auto. 65k miles . Hasn't been on the road since at least 2003. My grandma had an 83 4dr when I was a kid. Loved her and that car, tons of great memories. No plans for the car right now. Must likely just going to get it running and put it up in the barn till later. I will be keeping it stock though.

Are there any places that I can get a good bench seat or a cover?

Nice car! Welcome to the site. I am intrigued by the striping on the rear of the trunk lid.
    For being what looks like a very basic car with few options, I don't remember ever seeing this before.
    I wonder if it started in 1980?
    Have fun while getting it running again.
    I ordered my seat upholstery from a place called Automotive Interiors and installed it myself.
    Lots of FREE F/Z info on my site.
    http://myzephyrs.com

Quote Originally Posted by RED 78' View Post
    Nice car! Welcome to the site. I am intrigued by the striping on the rear of the trunk lid.
    For being what looks like a very basic car with few options, I don't remember ever seeing this before.
    I wonder if it started in 1980?
    Have fun while getting it running again.
    I ordered my seat upholstery from a place called Automotive Interiors and installed it myself.
    Yeah it’s a fairly basic car. Has AC and what appears to be a dealer add on cruise control. I like the striping myself, I first noticed it on the rear pillar going up.

Thanks for for the interior tip!

Looks great!

Lots of F/Z people here on FEP, so you might get a bite advertising for a seat here.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Brad

'79 Mercury Zephyr ES 5.0L GT40 EFI, T-5
    '17 Ford Focus ST
    '14 Ford Fusion SE Manual

Yes welcome!

Stock isn't fun...haha, ok fine I'll leave you do what you want with the car. Just is such a tasty blank canvas.

Hope you find what you're looking for!

Quote Originally Posted by Str8sixfan View Post
    Yes welcome!

Stock isn't fun...haha, ok fine I'll leave you do what you want with the car. Just is such a tasty blank canvas.

Hope you find what you're looking for!
    Hey this thing has double the HP that my Model A does!

Thanks for the warm welcome!