Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic82 View Post
    I think the relay is slightly between the steering column and the fog light switch. You'll have to fanagle yourself in there to see upwards- if the seat is out its easier. Relay should be a small silver one cubic inch thing that attaches with a ground screw to a bracket. It should be relatively easy to get at- not like replacing a throttle cable on the top of the pedal. Wires join to the relay with a connector that just pulls off. I don't have any pictures of mine but it wasn't difficult at all. Glad to hear the lights work. Nothing screams eighties like two square headlights and two square fogs below.
    Thanks again for your guidance. Will take another look this weekend! It seems like I have found the replacement relay in the event I need to order one (attached a photo). And yes, lol you’re absolutely correct about the square lights! Thanks for the help, will keep you posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I found the relay!

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FEP Senior Member

Just unplug it. If the lights don't work, then bingo!

Default A few light issues on my 1986 GT...

Quote Originally Posted by dynodon64 View Post
    Just unplug it. If the lights don't work, then bingo!
    The fog lights currently don’t turn on though lol! If I unplug this would the other lights not come up as well? Sorry if this is a stupid question, I’m still learning the electrics of this car

Thanks!

EDIT:

Got the lights to work finally. Ended up taking them off and cleaning contacts, working perfectly now!

Even the LED on the switch works!
    Last edited by marcod13; 03-29-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12