Close

Default Emailed LMR about re-poping 79-84 rear bumper covers

Everyone should send them an email and tell them we'd like to see this happen.

They already sell the side moldings, so hopefully they can get Daniel Carpenter or another source to start making these.

While they're at it, maybe some front bumper covers too.

What else should they start making -- besides dash hulls & better quality dash pads?
    84.5 GT Convertible Build Thread
    86 LX Coupe

someone use to remake the 84 1/2 front bumper cover before because I seen them about 10 years ago now no one makes them.

I wish somebody would make a quality molded hood insulation for the 79-82 Mustangs, with the kidney cut out. The ones available now are too thick, wrinkled, and have the wrong side facing outward.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2roc View Post
    someone use to remake the 84 1/2 front bumper cover before because I seen them about 10 years ago now no one makes them.
    I thought I'd seen some repro's of that a few years ago. Must not have moved enough to justify another run. At least the tooling is out there. Maybe if enough people inquire about it, someone will make another batch.

Quote Originally Posted by 0F0 CBR View Post
    I wish somebody would make a quality molded hood insulation for the 79-82 Mustangs, with the kidney cut out. The ones available now are too thick, wrinkled, and have the wrong side facing outward.
    This seems to be a common issue with all the hood insulation across the board. If enough people complain and stop buying the incorrect part, maybe the supplier will get a clue and make it correctly!

How about ANYTHING for the Capri's
    2017 Ford Explorer Sport (DD) 1986 Capri 5.0 Silver/Red
    1969 Falcon XW GTHO coupe (SOLD) went to Australia
    Past 4 eyes-
    4th. 1981 Capri "White" Black Magic I6
    3rd. 1984 Capri RS V8 Black/grey
    2nd. 1984 Capri RS V8 White/red
    1st. 1984 SVO Grey/grey (traded it for a worn out 1970 BOSS 302)
    Both '84 Capri's vin# were 10 away from each other
    U.S. NAVY 1980-2009

Quote Originally Posted by NAVYCAT View Post
    You'd think that with their recent 'Mercury Rising' build. Give them a shout or email. Should be a great conversation starter!

FEP Senior Member

I had the opportunity to talk to Daniel Carpenter back in April when they made the "Open House" at their Factory and asked him about producing the front and rear bumper covers. He told me they do not have the Ford tooling for those (only the 85 / 86 front bumper cover is reproduced).

He's very aware of parts needed for the Fox Bodies (he has an awesome collection of Fox Bodies) but they need to see there's enough demand for them, and in some cases they have to create them from scratch. They just released the 87 - 93 hardtop quarter windows for example. Definitely send them an email directly or through the vendors, they do take them into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by NAVYCAT View Post
    Im with you on that one! Lol..I need some Capri stuff too

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
    82 Capri BM, 84 Mustang Gt, 88 T-Bird TC, 93 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by blueandsilver View Post
    I had the opportunity to talk to Daniel Carpenter back in April when they made the "Open House" at their Factory and asked him about producing the front and rear bumper covers. He told me they do not have the Ford tooling for those (only the 85 / 86 front bumper cover is reproduced).

He's very aware of parts needed for the Fox Bodies (he has an awesome collection of Fox Bodies) but they need to see there's enough demand for them, and in some cases they have to create them from scratch. They just released the 87 - 93 hardtop quarter windows for example. Definitely send them an email directly or through the vendors, they do take them into consideration.
    Glad to hear he's aware of the parts situation for the 4-eye group. What was the factory like? They staying busy?

I'd seen the 87-93 coupe quarter windows advertised to much fanfare on LMR. Glad to see they're filling the void on hard to find parts. Hope they continue to do so.

im guessing the lower fiberglass mouldings on the front header nose for 84 1/2 to 86 gt/lx.

Venomous Moderator Hissing Cobra's Avatar

I'd love to see the engine turned dash bezels for the Cobras, Pace Cars and Capri Rs's, the plastic '79-'80 door panels and arm rests, and new inner rear plastic quarter panels/surround pieces. It would be awesome if those rear quarter panels could be flared out 1" or 1-1/2" in a way that they somewhat look like a factory part so that if you mini tub your car, they won't have to be cut open. That's the only reason why I won't mini-tub mine, as I like the factory look.
    Pete Slaney

1979 Mustang Cobra

347/T-5/4.30's
    420 rwhp/380 rwt (New Motor)
    11.49 @ 121.86

306/T-5/4.30's (Old Motor)
    307 rwhp/278 rwt
    12.38 @ 111.38