Close

Default 1979 Mustang Coupe Ghia 5.0 **SOLD**

**SOLD** 1979 Mustang Coupe Ghia with 5.0. 173130 miles. Original owner, bought for my wife as HS grad gift. All options except power windows. Leather interior. Mostly original aside from 10 hole wheels (sourced cheap, takeoffs with Gatorbacks from Saleen) paint and headliner. Originally silver, quality repaint to Sikkens black 6-30-87. Ford reman engine at 64246 miles on 8-18-87 due to incurable oil leaks. AT rebuilt. Failed CA smog and parked. Driven occasionally since but not in last 7 years or so. Non op registration started 1999, good thru 12-8-19. Spares include original hub caps, repaired original radio, water pump. Original sun ravaged C78 Firestone 721 spare tire if you want it. Rebuilt VV carb. Ran when parked. As is, where is, which is Pinole CA. Fun car, more balls than the HP would indicate. Needs new owner who can take care of it. Will not part out. Includes 4 quarts old Pennzoil 30W petroliana if you want it. More pics available. $500.

Name:  20191103_121705.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  364.7 KBName:  20191103_121726.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  358.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by FirstOnRaceDay; 11-12-2019 at 02:50 PM. Reason: SOLD

Hope someone from this site gets it, wife would kill me if I bought it lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FirstOnRaceDay
    All options except power windows.
    Power windows was not an available factory option until the 1981 model year. With that being said this car still does not have every available option.
    Axle Tag Decoder
    Buck Tag Decoder
    Door Tag Decoder
    Owner Card Decoder
    Transmission Tag Decoder
    VIN Decoder

FEP Registries: Black Magic & Crimson Cat / Cobra / Dominator / G.T.350 / LTD LX/Police & Marquis LTS / M81 / Pace Car / Predator / Saleen / Turbo GT & Turbo RS / Twister II

Wanted (Dead or Alive): VINs, door tags, buck tags, build sheets, window stickers, owner cards, transmission tags, axle tags

What a smoking deal! You are located near me too. I really don’t need another one. I’m going to pass the word to my buddies.

Wait what...? Is it 500 or 5000
    ...?

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
    82 Capri BM, 84 Mustang Gt, 88 T-Bird TC, 93 Mustang

Says 500

Quote Originally Posted by dtmilsap View Post
    Says 500

Wow, i thinkn is cheap as heck!!!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
    82 Capri BM, 84 Mustang Gt, 88 T-Bird TC, 93 Mustang

Pm sent

Yeah $500. We want it to go to a good home, and after lurking a while I knew folks here would appreciate it.

Description of "all available options" is from my FIL who bought it new. Which is not at all an expert opinion. He just likes buying cars. Originally he got my wife a Pinto. Luckily it did not like to start every day so she ended up with the Mustang.

New User

If shipping wasn’t $1,000 dollars I’d buy that in a heartbeat and treat it like a queen! I have been kind of looking for a 1979 to restomod In to a daily driver.. Good luck with the sale that’s a hell of a deal on such a cool car
    -Johnny

Wow! That’s a deal for someone. Hope it goes to a good home and restored to former glory.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyj View Post
    If shipping wasn’t $1,000 dollars I’d buy that in a heartbeat and treat it like a queen! I have been kind of looking for a 1979 to restomod In to a daily driver.. Good luck with the sale that’s a hell of a deal on such a cool car
    -Johnny
    How much would rust repair cost you if you did find one locally, 1500 is a bargain..
    Current rides:
    89 LX 5.0, 5 -spd..the Lemon
    86 RS Capri 5.0 Auto...
    86 LX Colorado SSP 5.0 5-spd (Sadly Sold)
    85.5 SVO, Finally Got Boost
    83 RS Capri 5.0, 5-spd (another sadly sold)

New User

You know, your absolutely right...I didn’t really think it though. Rust sucks.. I’ve help my dad do a few frame offs on some GTOs and man rust will eat up time and money.. I am going to look at one locally that popped up on CL that’s like 10miles away first.

I am thinking of selling my 86 Capri with t tops to Trey and all associated parts to go after this one