Close

Default 79-86 Quarter Windows and Door Trim

Does anyone know if the hatch and coupe quarter windows are the same size? I am planning on swapping my 87 over to the 79-86 quarter window with sail panel, and when pulling the passenger window out of the parts car, the window shattered. I have had a hard time finding a coupe, so if they are interchangeable that'd be amazing.

Also, to complete this swap I'll need to figure out what to do with the door trim (the 87-93 has a bulky door trim that runs from the mirror to the back edge. Is the trim on the bottom part of the door window removable from a 79-86 car, so that I can cover up that part when the aero trim is removed?

Thanks!

I just put aero doors on my son's 84 hatch. You'll have to weld 4 or 5 little holes that the aero trim used. Another thing is the mirrors are different so that upper molding stops were the aero mirror meet it.

Hatch and coupe qtr windows are a diifferent size and shape. as for swapping them out I can't say since I've never did that swap before. I have some 79-86 coupe qtr glass if you need them. Send me a PM if you need info on them.
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153