Close

Default New member: 85 gt 351w swap

been creeping on this forum for a few years now and decided to finally join. i bought my whooped wiring nightmare 85 gt back in 2015 with a stock rebuild 302 and it clocked off a 15.1 @ 85mph. now its got a truck block 351w bored 60 over with for the time being gt40 heads and an air gap intake. best pass was 13.1 @ 104. looking to toss some trick flow heads and a different carb setup on it for next season. not much to look at but pretty much everything under the car is aftermarket
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by 85gt351; 10-23-2019 at 06:50 PM.

FEP Senior Member

Sounds like a fun car and the new heads should wake it up even more. Looks can be changed pretty easily.
    Join The Conversation
    http://www.youtube.com/basinmotorsports

'86 Hatchback V6 / Auto Restomod (For Sale)

Yeah the goal was paint this winter but just gonna smooth and wire tuck the bay and paint that. Along with engine goodies and matching the front to orange again. Should be a good runner as long as the trans holds. I’m on #3 t5 every track outing I blow 3rd

Try a different clutch. I had Walt at Promotion setup a clutch that will be the weaker link so I don't blow my Gforce T5 behind a coyote.
    Keith formerly STLPONDS
    '79 V8 coupe in the works!
    Build thread http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=89153

It’s got a spec stage 2 clutch with an upgraded cable. Wasn’t sure if it was years of abuse from previous owners on the t5s or what the issue was. The only thing drivetrain wise is my t5