Close

Default trusted 4180C carburetor tuning shop

Can anyone recommend a knowledgeable, professional and competent carburetor tuning shop preferably in the south east?

Thanks much

Nowadays, besides a probable handful of individuals, as opposed to mainstream shops, that's going to be a tall order, tough to find. Supposed tuning shops today appear to have a helluva hard time even understanding the simple common regular Holley or clone or other carburetors. I'm very familiar, having resolved a number of such situations after the person had already had the carburetor/vehicle to 3 or more supposed "experts" or shops, that SAY that they are knowledgeable/professional/competent... where their results were worse than the issues the person began with.... The 4180 is really a different animal, with even less than a snowball's chance in hell for any mainstream real know-how/investigation/solution. If you were willing to ship it up the east coast to me and back down to yourself, and outlay a small amount for basic investigative services rendered (then afterward discussion of best course of action for remedy, also economically priced for a fellow foureyedpride-er), after your near 5 year fight with it (yes, I searched back and read all of your posts regarding the carburetor), we could finally find out and fix what the heck is all jacked up with your 4180.

I'm sorry I have no local recommendation for you.

As a reference of sorts to my knowledge and competency of/with 4180's, if you haven't already seen it, check out the following thread:

http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...-Holley-4180-s
    Mike
    1986 Mustang convertible ---> BUILD THREAD
    Past Fox-chassis "four eyes":
    1983 Mercury Cougar LS
    1986 Ford Thunderbird ELAN
    1980 Capri RS Turbo

Work in progress website ---> http://carb-rebuilds-plus.boards.net/

Look up Walking-Tall's post on the 4180C on this forum. It's a long read but you'll learn a lot about the carb and what he's doing to make them work much better than they ever could in stock form. I'm planning to send him mine in the next couple of weeks, for his full compliment of mods and a complete rebuild otherwise.

BG