Close

Default 79 pace car seats

I have found a pair of front bucket seats that are from a 79 pace car that appear disassembled but complete. I don't know much about these seats or possible value..........person contacted me because of interest in my 85.......any help would be appreciated...thanks

They car be fairly valuable but have to be in really good shape.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If the seats are in very good to excellent shape they can bring $750-$1500. If they are the typical worn fabric, torn/worn foam, missing headrest netting, then they are worth more in the $250-$500 range depending on condition. The seats are nice, but they are not cheap to rebuild. The parts are out there, TMI makes replacement foam and replacement seat covers in the OEM style 79 Pace Car materials, but you will easily spend $1000-$1500 to rebuild/repair/reupholster a standard set of Recaros. If the seat is missing hardware such as seat adjuster/levers your price will go up as they are getting harder to find. If you are willing and able to do most of the work yourself, they can be an awesome set of seats for any ride. If you can't or don't have the skills and times, then I suggest checking out good used Recaros available on Ebay. You can often pick up similar style seats for $750-$1500 that won't need upholstery/etc although may not match your interior perfectly. Good Luck!
    ​Trey

"I Don't build it hoping for your approval! I built it because it meets mine!"

"I've spent most of my money on Mustangs, racing, and women... the rest I just wasted."

Mustangs Past: Too many to remember!
    Current Mustangs:
    1969 Mach 1
    1979 Pace Car now 5.0/5 speed
    1982 GT Stalled RestoModification
    1984 SVO Still Waiting Restoration
    1986 GT Under going Wide Body Conversion Currently

Current Capris:
    1981 Capri Roller
    1981 Capri Black Magic Roller Basket Case
    1982 Capri RS 5.0/4spd T-top Full Restoration Stalled in TX
    1984 Capri RS T-top Roller
    1983-84 Gloy Racing Trans Am/IMSA Body Parts

Quote Originally Posted by wraithracing View Post
    If the seats are in very good to excellent shape they can bring $750-$1500. If they are the typical worn fabric, torn/worn foam, missing headrest netting, then they are worth more in the $250-$500 range depending on condition. The seats are nice, but they are not cheap to rebuild. The parts are out there, TMI makes replacement foam and replacement seat covers in the OEM style 79 Pace Car materials, but you will easily spend $1000-$1500 to rebuild/repair/reupholster a standard set of Recaros. If the seat is missing hardware such as seat adjuster/levers your price will go up as they are getting harder to find. If you are willing and able to do most of the work yourself, they can be an awesome set of seats for any ride. If you can't or don't have the skills and times, then I suggest checking out good used Recaros available on Ebay. You can often pick up similar style seats for $750-$1500 that won't need upholstery/etc although may not match your interior perfectly. Good Luck!
    Thanks again for your help, this is exactly what I need to know..........I'll go take a look at these, take some pictures and then see if they are worth the effort to save...thanks again!

if you are going to recover them in a different fabric other then the pace car fabric anyway then look into getting 87-89 era vw gti seats. they came with recaros and the bolsters are a little nicer then the pace car. the pace car head rest fit also.

Thos look great.

Thanks, they are cheaper then pace car seats and the bolsters hold you better

Quote Originally Posted by badnightrain View Post
    Name:  D487FA3C-A197-4504-BA2D-54ADAFCDC937.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  350.9 KB
    Btw the t top notch is the holy grail.

Those seats are from a VW?

Quote Originally Posted by badnightrain View Post
    Name:  0AC3E4E7-4FBA-4C19-87DE-3E9DDCD568F3.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  228.0 KB

Yes the seats are from a late 80’s VW. The gti and gli came with recaro seats.
    The head rest are from a 79 pace car.